Seriously? Rufus going to be nerfed already? Why?

#121Chain_StrikePosted 4/28/2012 2:59:58 PM
-vIc-LeGeND posted...
Chain_Strike posted...
mashing didnt work against akuma's shaku hadoken even if its -5 on block. couldnt mash it to get a hit. how many times must i tell you that?

Dude I'll give u this,...it might as well be less cuz its hard as hell,...

Cuz Julia's super art is 1fr... And tested on Rufus forward middle kick(-1 on hit)and was only able to land it like 2 times outta like 20 tries and that's with me knowing its coming.....

So in other words this dude needs to stop whining cuz -4 ain't punishable by everyone

alot of characters have 4f normals...but doesnt matter i dont main rufus so im worried.
---
Juri, the greatest character in existence. She taunts, breaks, laughs, and soothes your pain with her feet. Or will make a suggestive remark about you.
#122-vIc-LeGeNDPosted 4/28/2012 3:06:46 PM
Chain_Strike posted...
-vIc-LeGeND posted...
Chain_Strike posted...
mashing didnt work against akuma's shaku hadoken even if its -5 on block. couldnt mash it to get a hit. how many times must i tell you that?

Dude I'll give u this,...it might as well be less cuz its hard as hell,...

Cuz Julia's super art is 1fr... And tested on Rufus forward middle kick(-1 on hit)and was only able to land it like 2 times outta like 20 tries and that's with me knowing its coming.....

So in other words this dude needs to stop whining cuz -4 ain't punishable by everyone

alot of characters have 4f normals...but doesnt matter i dont main rufus so im worried.

Well I guess 4frame normal is easier to punish with then a 4frame special, since you to take into consideration you inputting the motion as opposed to just pressing the button

And you're worried even if you don't use Rufus?
---
gT= Ix UBOAF xI pSn=UBOAF
Sf4: Blanka,cammy,ONI, www.youtube.com/UBOAF
#123soggytoast11Posted 4/28/2012 3:08:57 PM
We don't know what -4 means.

On dive kicks, the frame advantage is dependent on how low to the ground you hit the other character. -4 might be the frame advantage of hitting Hugo while standing in the forehead. But it also might mean -4 by clipping your opponent in the knee (although I doubt it).
#124Chain_StrikePosted 4/28/2012 3:09:28 PM
meant to say not. sorry. i apoligize for what i said earlier. could have sworn otherwise.
---
Juri, the greatest character in existence. She taunts, breaks, laughs, and soothes your pain with her feet. Or will make a suggestive remark about you.
#125-vIc-LeGeNDPosted 4/28/2012 3:11:57 PM
soggytoast11 posted...
We don't know what -4 means.

On dive kicks, the frame advantage is dependent on how low to the ground you hit the other character. -4 might be the frame advantage of hitting Hugo while standing in the forehead. But it also might mean -4 by clipping your opponent in the knee (although I doubt it).

This to.....
---
#126-vIc-LeGeNDPosted 4/28/2012 3:19:09 PM
Chain_Strike posted...
meant to say not. sorry. i apoligize for what i said earlier. could have sworn otherwise.

It's all good...likes said it might as well be that way cuz we are talking about 1frame (1/60th) of a second. That's difficult
---
#127Chain_StrikePosted 4/28/2012 3:25:04 PM
-vIc-LeGeND posted...
Chain_Strike posted...

It's all good...likes said it might as well be that way cuz we are talking about 1frame (1/60th) of a second. That's difficult

either way -4 on block with a 4f jab is difficult anyway almost not worth attempting.
---
#128Run_2_the_HillsPosted 4/28/2012 6:31:00 PM
-vIc-LeGeND posted...
I guess 4frame normal is easier to punish with then a 4frame special, since you to take into consideration you inputting the motion as opposed to just pressing the button

And you're worried even if you don't use Rufus?

nah a punish special is a lot easier because of the reversal window. to punish with a normal you gotta hit it like a link. and depending on how small the punish window is it could be hard.
#129J-Don-BonnePosted 4/28/2012 8:07:07 PM
Chain_Strike posted...
-vIc-LeGeND posted...
Chain_Strike posted...

either way -4 on block with a 4f jab is difficult anyway almost not worth attempting.

This. It's actually not a bad nerf in the slightest for this very reason. You either need to anti-air (not very easy considering how bad they are this game around), air throw him out of it (which only certain characters can even do), or punish it with a frame perfect jab or short that only a few certain characters even have access to.

'-' Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah. That's still a very, very solid dive kick AND move option in a game with no parrying, X-Factor, 1-frame supers, "Just-Defends", or Roll Cancels...

Even Auto block would be a bad idea since you'd still have to have frame perfect timing for the jab punish.
---
Not changing this sig until Capcom vs SNK 2: Millionaire Fight 2001 comes out on PSN and XBox Live.
"This battle is about to explode!''
#130TerotrousPosted 4/28/2012 8:13:07 PM

I posted this a few pages back.

Someone should look up the worst case frame disadvantage on his current divekick.

Also, I guess one other possibility is that it may be a mistranslation, perhaps they actually meant that dive kick lost 4 frames of hitstun, thus dropping it from +5 at best to +1, which is a fairly substantial nerf but I don't think that's totally unfair.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "PSX Bishi Bashi Special 3"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery