The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I really like this game, but...

#1Claire-RedfieldPosted 5/7/2012 1:08:13 AM
Okay, so I really like the diverse cast everyone I'd really care about from Street Fighter is in here, but I never cared about Tekken, so it's all kinda new and exciting to me.

However, I know some folks on other forums that are serious fighting game aficionados. One whose word I really trust tells me that this game is very imbalanced: easy infinites, lack of character balance, etc.

So, I want to get it, but I also want a serious game that I can master and is well-balanced. Do you think it's likely there will be, as with SFIV, a patch/new edition with gameplay balances and stuff in the near future?
---
Magus: "If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!"
#2SongiPosted 5/7/2012 1:27:16 AM
If you don't really care about playing the Tekken characters, I wouldn't see a reason to spend 40+ bucks on this game. Also all characters haven't been unlocked yet and won't be available for purchase until October. If money isn't really a big deal to you then by all means buy it.

As for the whole balance issue, I've never been big on Capcom fighters in general. So I have no clue what a balanced Capcom fighter is supposed be like. I heard the infinites are being patched in the near future so that won't really be an issue soon.
---
PSN ID: Doug_Drealer
#3RomangeloPosted 5/7/2012 1:36:35 AM
I only care for women from Tekken but they only know how to punch and kick, very boring.
---
X > VI > T > V > XIII-2 > XII > TLR > XIII > X-2 > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II
#4Claire-Redfield(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 1:39:59 AM
Even I noticed some balance issues. I think with a well-balanced game, I'd like this one a lot more than SFIV I don't think it's quite as ugly, and I prefer the faster pacing and tag team action. It's not as crazy as UMVC3, but faster and with a more diverse cast than SSIV, so... it'd be worth getting if we get a more finely-tuned game. :)
---
Magus: "If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!"
#5eulbedocPosted 5/7/2012 2:05:28 AM(edited)
Claire-Redfield posted...

Infinites are going to be patched.

Like in pretty much every fighting game there are characters at different tiers. Most of whether you will be good at this game is going to be due to your own in-game decision making and execution ability. If you play at a below average skill level, using a top tier character is not going to suddenly make you a great player. Likewise if you have above-average skill, you'll be above average with almost any character with the exception of the joke characters (i.e. the Cats, MegaMan, etc) as long as you take the time to become proficient with them. In any case, a balance patch is scheduled to come out in May.
#6Claire-Redfield(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 2:13:23 AM
eulbedoc posted...

Infinites are going to be patched.

Like in pretty much every fighting game there are characters at different tiers. Most of whether you will be good at this game is going to be due to your own in-game decision making and execution ability. If you play at a below average skill level, using a top tier character is not going to suddenly make you a great player. Likewise if you have above-average skill, you'll be above average with almost any character with the exception of the joke characters (i.e. the Cats, MegaMan, etc) as long as you take the time to become proficient with them. In any case, a balance patch is scheduled to come out in May.

Well, sure, though I'd like to have no tiers, honestly (I'd prefer if everyone was on an equal level), or at least not a huge gap between the tiers. But as long as the game is pretty well-balanced, I'll be happy.

I'm getting King of Fighters XIII in a few days, which I hear is one of the best fighters of the past five years or so. :)
---
#7RemakeMePosted 5/7/2012 2:14:01 AM
More balanced than the console version of sf4 IMO
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#8Tsuki-ShiroPosted 5/7/2012 4:01:10 AM
So there's another balance patch after the infinite's patch?
#9Ryan_SilverFoxPosted 5/7/2012 4:46:15 AM
Well, sure, though I'd like to have no tiers, honestly (I'd prefer if everyone was on an equal level), or at least not a huge gap between the tiers. But as long as the game is pretty well-balanced, I'll be happy.

I'm getting King of Fighters XIII in a few days, which I hear is one of the best fighters of the past five years or so. :)

Unless you're planning on being some kinna high-level tournament player, I really wouldn't worry about tiers much. Most fighters out there are balanced well enough that who's what tier is less important than your enjoyment out of using that character.

KoFXIII from what I've played of it is a pretty tight fighter, so you should indeed get some enjoyment out of it. They definitely improved from KoFXII (in which the balance was so bad, there WAS definite characters who were better).

SFxT isn't really something I'd get if you're looking for a competitive fighter, but something more for fun... especially at home with friends. If you can get 3 people over, 2v2 Scramble Mode is incredible fun. Even 1v1 versus or co-op with friends can be pretty good.

If you're looking for something more competitive, SFIV:AE or Blazblue CT: Extend would be a bit more up your alley.
#10Claire-Redfield(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 12:57:24 PM
Ryan_SilverFox posted...
Unless you're planning on being some kinna high-level tournament player, I really wouldn't worry about tiers much. Most fighters out there are balanced well enough that who's what tier is less important than your enjoyment out of using that character.

KoFXIII from what I've played of it is a pretty tight fighter, so you should indeed get some enjoyment out of it. They definitely improved from KoFXII (in which the balance was so bad, there WAS definite characters who were better).

SFxT isn't really something I'd get if you're looking for a competitive fighter, but something more for fun... especially at home with friends. If you can get 3 people over, 2v2 Scramble Mode is incredible fun. Even 1v1 versus or co-op with friends can be pretty good.

If you're looking for something more competitive, SFIV:AE or Blazblue CT: Extend would be a bit more up your alley.

Tourneys? No, but I like to be competitive, and I like to have a well-balanced game where everyone can, as you say, use whatever teams they find fun and not encounter serious balancing issues. I might consider SFIV:AE, although I like having the Tekken characters in this for some variety.

I've always wanted to try BlazBlue, though. Also, I want to get Arcana Heart 3.
---