Question from SabremasterZero

How many games were made for this?)

To put it basic. How many Commodore 64 games were made?

Akira_123 answered:

According to Wikipedia, there were approximately 10,000 commercially released software for this system, which includes applications software and games. As for the games, they list 1,121, but my guess is more like 15,000, since the Commodore 64 survived into the 1990's. You can get a whole slew of them from c64.com, where they have just about every game you can think of.
2 0

Answers

hylianknight3 answered:

There doesn't seem to be a definite known figure. I've look around a few places, and here's what I can gather.

As near as I can figure it, there are about 20,000 Commodore 64 games in all. Of these, somewhere between 5000 and 10,000 of them were officially published games.
2 1

winter71 answered:

I want to back Hylianknight3 up on this one. That's a very good estimate. The answer also depends on if you define games as only *commercially* released games. And for that matter, keep in mind that several games were also released several times under different compilations and versions.

That being said, 5,000 to 10,000 commercially released games are a pretty good estimate.
2 0