Review by wdg8

"MAKE THE MUSIC STOP!!!"

Opening
Let me start out by saying that this is the best racing game ever made, well if you call it a racing game anyway. In the game you play as a not-so average cabbie in San Francisco, well OK you play as an average cabbie in San Francisco from New York (at least you drive like it anyway). You can chose to play as one of four cabbies, each comes with his/her own cab. The object of the game is to try to earn as much money as you can in the allowed time. You can earn money by driving the customer where they want to go (Duh!), they will give you tips for good driving (jumping off cliffs, skidding in circles, and ALMOST hitting something), you get less cash if you hit something. If you take to long to drive the customer where he/she wants to go they will bail out and run without giving you the fare. In the game you can even go though the KFC drive through, stop at Pizza Hut, and even check out the original Levi's store.

Gameplay 9.9/10
This is the best gameplay I've seen on a Dreamcast game yet, it seems very real (except nobody gets hurt when you hit a car). The programmers made good use of the analog L and R buttons, which act like the brake and gas pedals. When you want to pick someone up you can see exactly where you need to stop and the color of the $ on top of the customer shows how far they want to go (red for short, green for long).

Graphics 9.5/10
The graphics are very real looking, the creators of this game took everything into consideration. Most of the time the graphics are based on real life places, like KFC, Pizza Hut, Levi's, Fila, and Tower Records.

Sound 6.5/10
The customers sometime say thing that a real person would say, like ''Take me to the baseball stadium'', ''Ow! That hurt'', or if you do real good you might hear ''You da man''. These are the good things, now for the bad. MAKE THE MUSIC STOP!!! When I hear the music it just make me go nuts, I have no clue what the heck the people (Offspring and Bad Religion) are saying/singing. The things it sounds like are total gibberish, it sounds like they're saying thing like ''Seventeen and shining his breath mint''. ?????. What the heck does that mean?

ESRB Teen
What were they thinking? This game has no violence (no one gets hurt anyway) and only 3 mild swear words/insults, I don't know what they're singing/saying in the ''Songs'' though.

Warning, Warning
I don't like heavy metal/ hard rock music at all, so don't E-mail me with hate mail for insulting Bad Religion and Offspring or else I'll give your E-mail address to ever Spammer I can find.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/10/01, Updated 01/10/01