Review by Koo Kat

"A true experience to say the least..."

What can you say about a game that has ''crazy'' in the title? Well, I got quite a few things. This game is on edge and has flair and style to boot. With characters that rival Jet Grind Radio in terms of personality, I can really say that this game should be tried by anyone who has a wild side. On with the review:

Graphics-10
Perfect and fluid graphics. The game has a quick yet crisp frame rate (30 FPS I think). Buildings fly by at an incredible rate, but you can still see the writing on them. The cabs and traffic are beautifully animated. Everything is fast but you have chance to sit back and watch the scenery go by as well.

Sound-10
This game has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a while. The Offspring and Bad Religion both offer their sweet sounds to the mix. The sound effects are strong and give a feeling of the rush that the game provides. However, its the music that truly takes the cake here. Even with the bashing of cars and screeching of tires, you can still hear the gorgeous music that the GD pumps out.

Control-9 (actually about 9.5)
The game's control is butter silky-smooth. The Crazy Dash to the Crazy Stop, it all falls into place. There are a few times where the control could be a bit more forgiving (like after Crazy Drifting into a lot of traffic). The digital pad does have a few disadvantages (like over Crazy Drifting), but that's what the analog stick is for. Otherwise, this game has no control problems. Quick, sharp, and on-target. That's what this game breaks down to.

Gameplay-10
Fast and furious. That's what it boils down to. This game is very playable. With little or no graphic breakup to interfere with the game and music loading seamless, this is a true experience. The control (like I said) is killer. I really can't think of anything that would cause this game to be unplayable. The game is easy to learn, hard to master (the kind of game I like).

Replay Value-7
Yeah, this game does lack a lot of stuff to unlock (outside of the Crazy Box minigames). But the money factor is the sole reason that you'll want to make this a keeper. You see, when you play by arcade rules and after the time runs out, you are rated. Depending on your rating, you are awarded one of 8 different licenses. You can compete against your friends for higher and higher licenses. Its a lot of fun. Its even recorded so you can even try to break your own money records. Its a blast and just the action of the game is truly something to write home about.

Overall-8
This game is an adventure. You'll love this game even if you don't like cabs (mainly because once you play this game, you'll look at the cab business in a totally different way). Fast, fun, and a total riot with a group of friends. This is the kind of game that, if you don't care about precision and strategy, will enjoy. Even if you do like those kind of games, this is good break from it. This game does hit a few low spots, but these don't obstruct the actual game. If you truly are a crazy person at heart, give this game a go and you will NOT be disappointed (not in the very least). I can promise...no wait...I can GUARANTEE that you will not be disappointed.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 05/30/01, Updated 05/30/01