Review by Nemesis

"The definition of FUN"

Now, I've never played the arcade version of Crazy Taxi, so I can't compare the Dreamcast one with it, but I'd have to say that Crazy Taxi for the Dreamcast is definatly arcade-perfect. It just has that ''arcade-feel'' to it, and I love that. I used to go to the arcades every other day, and I loved every minute of it. Crazy Taxi is one of the best and most addictive games available for the Dreamcast.

GRAPHICS- 9/10:
---------------
The visuals in Crazy Taxi are very well done, and look like it was an arcade game. The games runs at a almost constant 60 fps, and are very sharp and beautiful to look at. The cities are remarkably well done, and look like real cities. All of the cars on screen look awesome too. The only drawback to the graphics are that there is some slight slowdown when you get onto some grass or sticky situations.

SOUND- 10/10:
-------------
The sound effects in Crazy Taxi are wonderful, and very clear to the ears. All of the sound effects are different from each other, and sound realistic. The music is also very well done. The tracks from The Offspring and Bad Religion are very catchy, and fit this sort of game. I loved the sound and music in Crazy Taxi.

CONTROL- 10/10:
----------------
Controlling your taxi cab is so simple, one has to wonder if ANYONE can have trouble with the control layout. The cars handle wonderfully and turn on a dime. Performing the driving techniques are simple to do, and are very easy to learn. The cabs are accessable to novices and veterans alike.

GAMEPLAY- 10/10:
-----------------
The gameplay department in Crazy Taxi is where the game really shines. Even though the game is rediculously simple, it's REALLY addictive and fun to play. And, although it is easy to play, it takes lots of skill to really master the game. It might be one of the best arcade-to-home conversions. The basic premise of Crazy Taxi is to get the highest scores. This will keep you playing for weeks, possibly even months.

REPLAY- 10/10:
---------------
The replay value for Crazy Taxi is nearly limitless. Trying to beat your high scores will be very addictive, and you won't stop until you get the Crazy License...which will take forever to do. Trying to memorize the cities and finding the shortcuts of the cities will be challenging, yet insanely fun to do. Although Crazy Taxi is just a one-player game, you can still try to beat your friend's high score over and over again, which makes it just like a two-player game.

OVERALL- 10/10:
---------------
Crazy Taxi is one of the best games so far on the Dreamcast, and one of the best driving games for ANY system. It is definatly the coolest game this year for the Dreamcast, and is a must-buy. If you have ANY interest in having fun, you should go out and pick up a copy of Crazy Taxi right now.

RE-CAP:
---------
Graphics- 9/10
Sound- 10/10
Controls- 10/10
Gameplay- 10/10
Replay- 10/10
Overall- 10/10

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 02/11/00, Updated 01/13/01