Review by AlphaViper

"D must stand for Darn Scary!"

Wow. I saw this game for $9.99 at the Dreamcast section of my local game shop. I picked it up. Never being a real survival horror fan, I thought that this would be another ok Resident Evil clone. I was wrong. Playing this game brought back memories of E0: Enemy Zero and the original D. If you pay attention, almost ALL of the characters in D2 are carryovers from E0. In the mine shaft, the names on the lunch boxes are those of other characters in E0. Off topic but cool nonetheless.

Absolutely flawless. This game is a joy to look at. The action scenes and basic movement are fluid and flawless, and the FMV is on par with Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Everything is stunning graphic-wise in this game.

Nothing really here but the wind, aliens and the occasional creepy piano music. However it is well done so 10/10.

Control: 9/10
Laura is pretty easy to control, but takes some getting used to. At first, you have her weaving around like a drunk. But, eventually you have her running right where you want.

Fun, but some hiccups here. D2 is a blast most of the time, but sometimes the game is so slow and plodding it takes away from the fun. Also, not many hints are given as where to go or what to do next. I ran around for 2 hours, at the airplane and mineshaft, before I realized just to go to the Stone Hut. Also, whenever a monster/alien is coming, you can hear the damn Dreamcast squeak and squeal! This ruined it a lot of times. Shut the cabinet that your DC is in for this.

Scariness: 10/10
This game is a cross between Alien, 13 Ghosts, and Resident Evil. Very creepy. You might want to buy some diapers for this one. Once again though this is detracted from because of the stupid noisy DC.

Laura is on a plane, when terrorists take over. A Meteor strikes it, killing everyone (almost). Laura meets up with the 3 to 5 survivors, each eventually being killed by aliens or...well...I'm giving too much away. Let's just say...you will be surprised around every corner.

I absolutely adore this game. The game is slow at times, more of an interactive movie at points. However, I must say, BUY THIS GAME! If you liked Enemy Zero or D, this combines the best points of both, plus even more, making it my favorite survival horror game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/20/02, Updated 12/20/02