Review by PKeating

"Not a great game, something of a disappointment."

Well I had been looking forward to this game for a while. Something that mixed a little bit of Streets of Rage with Tomb Raider couldn't be all bad, could it?

Story: The Nakamichi corporation are illegaly experimenting with cloning. You are to go in to various locations, locate evidence or destroy machinery and so on, then move on to the next location. Basically destroy everything. Not much of a story really, functional at best.

Gameplay: Well I was expecting a lot from this game, as it was promoted as a beat em up with tomb raider influences. It never lives upto either of those claims. The problem is it that it doesn't do either of those games particularly well. The TR influence is basically, climbing, clinging to ledges and so on. And the fighting is limited to punch, kick, shoot. This does not gel together well. That's not to say it isn't fun - for a while. Being able to destroy everything around. But this is a limited fun.

Graphics: This is one of the few redeeming features. The graphics are nice and clear, they hold together well. Characters are well drawn and animated. Also there is very little in the way of glitches and the camera angles hold together well.

Sound: Well another disappointment. Not so much in the sound itself, but in the fact it is inconsistent, destroying two items that are the same can create two completely different sounds and at times the game doesn't even bother with the explosions. Another let down.

Buy or rent: Definately rent, even if you really wanted this game I recommend you rent it (shame I didn't take my own advice really).

Overall: I am giving this a (somewhat generous) 6 out of 10.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 01/09/00, Updated 01/09/00