Review by dosetsu213

"Whoa! I like this game a bit too much."

I don't know what compelled me to buy this game, because I basically only play fighters and RPGs, but after reading about this game and watching videos of it, I couldn't help but get myself a copy. I was not disappointed in the least.

Presentation 10/10
This game is original and beyond else is orginal in the good way. With stunning 3d/2d graphics and a unique style of gameplay, this game will blow you away. Graphics and music instantly grab your attention, and the gameplay keeps it.

Graphics 10/10
The graphics in this game are astounding. The characters are half 2d half 3d, if you can even picture such a thing, which gives them a unique, yet cool, look to them. Another thing is the background. The backgrounds in this game are highly detailed, with people roaming the streets, cars passing by, and realilistic type stages that will be sure to impress.

Music 10/10
Arg!!! This game is just way too good. The music in this game is extremely good. There are just sooo many songs in this game, and I gaurantee you'll like basically all of them, except maybe one(I'll let you find this one out). It has music from groups like Jurassic 5, Rob Zombie, Mixmaster Mike, and the like. The music in this game is extremely good.

Story 8/10
The story in this game is interesting and fun. It is presented in such a way that you won't lose your interested when a story cut scene comes up. Story is not cheap and makes the game more impressive than it already is.

Gameplay 10/10
Despite some bad camera views, this game plays extremely well with only a couple of buttons. Tricks aren't overly hard to do, but that doesn't mean that tricks come easy. There are probably an infinite amount of trick combinations to do in a stage, and no doubt the simplicity of the tricks adds to the overall enjoyability of the game. With over 10 characters to play with their unique looks and skills, this game will be very enjoyable. Also, this game has a unique feature of designing your own grafiti. This also adds to the fun of taggin in the streets.

Replay 10/10
I have already beaten the game a couple of times, and still want to play it again. Its that good. With 5 unique (and huge) cities to skate through and with all the little extras you can earn, the replay in this game is great. You'll find yourself playing this game for months to come.

Overall 10/10
Probably one of the most original and great games you'll ever play on the dreamcast, or any console for that matter. It has a surprising incredible replay and gameplay value that will keep you playing for a long time. This is not even mentioning the stunning graphics as well as a soundtrack so good, I assure you you'll be buying a couple of weeks after purchasing this game. Get it. Get it. Now.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/03/00, Updated 12/03/00