Review by Larcen Tyler

"Finally, I can save my tokens!"

If you've become so addicted to Power Stone 2 in the arcades that every time you go to your local arcade, you find that it eats up all your tokens, what do you do? Do you buy an arcade machine, or the Dreamcast version? Aside from the fact the first one does give you full gratification, the latter will give you a much better experience (and at a lower price, I might add!)

Because Capcom made the smart move of using the Naomi board like they did with the original, it was a piece of cake porting this game to Dreamcast. All of the character details, fluid animations, and every attack are displayed in full arcade glory details!

Sounds: 10/10
Like the arcade, the repetitive announcer has taken some advice and learned new lines! He'll comment on what goes on in between each round, as well as comment as what goes on during the fight. Although they're all in Japanese, the characters also utter various lines before and after each match.

Controls: 10/10
It's a button masher, thanks to Action, Attack, and Jump buttons. Fortunately, by experimenting with various sequences, you can discover new attacks and what not. To top that off, there's more to be found in terms of what you can use. Instead of just grabbing poles and bouncing off walls, you can actually do things like use stationary cannons, activate traps, and even revive unconscious players!

Replay: 10/10
In addition to the arcade mode, you can also have a standard 1-on-1 brawl (whereas in arcade mode four players duke it out, but only two go on.) You can also play 2-on-2 or 3-on-1, thanks to the ability to create color-coded teams. There's even an adventure mode where you can find hidden items, as well as gold, so you can buy new things. There's plenty to be found, so keep playing!

Now that Capcom's done it again with the perfect port, I can save my tokens and just play at home! With extra modes, almost no loading time, and an excellent fighting system that one would expect from Capcom, the power is truly with them!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/26/00, Updated 07/16/01