"Fast, furious fun!"

The first Power Stone for the Dreamcast delivered everyone who bought it with ultra-fast gameplay, highlighted with gorgeous graphics. The sequel is already here, and while no specific category has been vastly improved from the original game, each aspect of the game has moved one small step in the right direction to make for a better overall experience.

Just like the first Power Stone, Power Stone 2 delivers fast, intense arcade-like gameplay that will have you addicted in a matter of minutes. You don't have to wait for the player you choose to execute their moves. If you press the button that makes them punch, they'll punch quicker than you can snap your fingers (same thing goes with kicks, throws, etc.). But like the previous Power Stone, the best part of the gameplay is the way you can interact with the environments that you fight in. From throwing chairs, tables, shooting rocket launchers, and climbing walls, you can do just about anything with the many diverse environments in which you take on your opponents.

The graphics are simply awesome. From the lighting effects to the player models, everything is great. I'm not exactly sure how many frames per second this game runs at, but I know it sure feels like 60 FPS. There's absolutely no jaggies or slowdown to be found. The backgrounds the you're able to interact with also look beautiful. It's really hard for me to describe. You really need to play it to know what it's like.

While it might not be perfect, the sound is really nice. It fuels your addiction that you're bound to have after a few minutes of playing this game. The sound effects are excellent. It sure feels great to hear the sound of a table smashing up against your opponent's head, along with other various items. The music is great at first, but I have to admit that it gets a little repetitious after hearing it for hours on end.

Value: 8/10

There's many little things you have to do to beat Power Stone 2 %100. This means that it'll take you a while to fully conquer this game. Unfortunately, however, there's not really a whole lot of replay value beyond that. But it's still always a great fast-paced arcade-style game to play whenever you're bored or if you need a break from a long RPG so that you don't get burnt out. If you have a friend to play against, Power Stone 2's replay value is pretty much limitless, though. I simply can't imagine getting tired of beating all of my friends at this game day after day.

If you have friends to play against, this game is a definite must-buy. If you don't, however, you might want to just give this one a rent, despite of all it's greatness.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/02/00, Updated 09/02/00