Review by wolverinefan

"One of my favorite music games"

Story
There is no story at all. This game would be even better if it had a story mode, nothing special just something that gives you a reason to play all the songs. I give story a 0/10

Control
Control is great with a Dreamcast and is even better with the maraca controllers. It's best to use the second option in the option menu when playing with the Dreamcast control. The game is hard at first but once you get the hang of hitting the buttons at the right time it's easy. Going through menus is really easy but sometimes you need a hit a button a couple times to choose something which gets annoying. Going through menus with the maracas is a little hard but playing the game is a blast. Sometimes the maracas don't always do the action which can be annoying. With a little more work the control would have been perfect. I give control a 9/10

Voice Acting, Sound Effects and Music
The voice acting is annoying. The guy who says stuff on the menus has a really annoying voice. The sound effects are average, you hear boos and yays when your grade goes up or down but those are about all the sound effects. The music, which is the most important part in a music based game, is great. You get songs such as Livin La Vida Loca, Cup Of Life, La Mamba and some classic Sega songs and many more. I give voice acting, sound effects and music a 8/10

Game Play
You just gotta shake! No matter what controller you use you will always have fun. You only start with a few songs but as you beat more challenges you unlock more songs. There is a big list of songs to choose from and you can download classic Sega song from the official website which you can reach using the browser that is in the game. There are a couple mini games that are fun. There is even a two-player mode that is really cool and after you finish a song it rates you and tells you how compatible you are with the other player. You can also raise your Amigo rank which takes a while and getting perfect on every song takes a long time. I wish there was a couple more modes but the modes that you get are really fun. I give game play a 9/10

Replay Value
With such a large selection of songs, the game doesn't get old for a long time. It takes a really long time to get a perfect on every song on hard. The mini games are fun and so is the two-player mode. With the mini games and two-player mode it adds a lot to the replay value. I wish there was more to unlock but it still takes a good amount of time to unlock everything. I give replay value a 9/10

Final Score
I give Samba De Amigo a 9/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/10/07

Game Release: Samba de Amigo (US, 10/16/00)