Review by Gyarados

"Happy Birthday, Sonic! Sonic redefines the word"

I have been waiting a long time for this game, and even though I already beat it, this game will last a long time! No matter how much you like or dislike Sonic, this game is for you!

Graphics 10/10
These graphics are so realistic! The backgrounds look realistic, and there are awesome sparks coming out when you grind on those shoes! Of course, the cutscenes don't look like computer generated movies but you can't really expect the Dreamcast to be able to do that. The only problem was that the camera was sometimes in an uncomfortable angle and you can't adjust it as much.

Sound 8/10
The voice acting is good, and so is everything else, but when you are watching a cutscene, you often can not hear what the characters are saying because either the music is too loud or they were not speaking up. This is the only problem I had.

Music 9/10
The music is perfect for each level. Many tunes are ones you'll want to keep hearing, especially the themes for Sonic's and Shadow's levels.

Story 7/10
The story is good, but it won't affect the quality of this game. It was a good idea to make it so that you could play from the hero's point of view or the enemies' point of view. I won't spoil anything.

Control Good
It will take some time to get used to it, because it is different from the first Sonic Adventure.

Challenge 8/10
I beat this game quickly, but some of the levels can be very hard to beat, and that is why it gets an 8. The enemies sometimes seem cheap and that you can't avoid them.

Gameplay 10/10
This is the BEST thing about this game. Remember the old Sonic games? If you used to play them, many things are familiar. The levels are like the levels of the old games, except in 3D! There are lots of different things you can do in the levels! Swing on a vine, grind on a rail in the sky, shoot some robots, do crazy flips! This game is full of action!

Replay Value 8/10
I'm definitely going to play a long time before I get tired of this!

Buy or Rent BUY!!!
If you like action games, this game is full of that! You MUST buy this game if you don't already have it!

Conclusion This is a must-have game, and it is a classic just like the older Sonic games. I can't think of anything more to say except for ''Shame on you if you don't have a Dreamcast by now.'' And one more thing.

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY!