Review by JMFreeze

"Dave Mirra games should be the only BMX games."

I've played many types of BMX games and the only one to live up to my expectations is the Dave Mirra series. The game does have some minor flaws or glitches but that doesn't take the fun away from it.

Sound 10/10

The sound was a very high point. For background music they played newer alternative/punk bands, for example they played Deftones, Sublime, DKM, primer 55 and much more. The sound effects were mediocre for any BMX game like the grunts during falls and the sound of steel hitting steel while grinding. Overall the sound should be fit for anyone into this stuff.

Graphics 9/10

The graphics were impressive. There were nice 3D polygons and detailed textures and the anti-alaising made everything look so much smoother it looked no different from a PS2. This version is much more different than the playstation version even the videos looked a lot better.

Gameplay 8/10
Its compared to THPS but your on a BMX, you can change your views in the options. There is so many different combinations and a wide variety of tricks and instead of looking in your instruction manual for the tricks just push start and go to trick list its as easy as that. In the game the first six levels you will complete four task's in amateur, professional, and hardcore mode. The other six tracks will be straight out competitions. There are like six-teen characters and when you master each one you get something special like a new video or a new option. You get up to five different outfits and five bikes including a secret one. Eventually after mastering each character you unlock the slim Jim guy. The bad things I noticed is that right button on the back will make you bail your jumps so you will have to avoid touching it which will make it uncomfortable. The other thing I noticed is there a few glitches that will mess you up like you can go through a wall and die and have to restart the level.

Fun Factor 10/10

This game is fun, I played it for weeks straight. The replay value is unbelievable. I just would kick back listen to music get a drink and play away. The load time was a lot quicker than the playstation version. There are many high scores you can beat. If you are interested in these types of games I recommend you buy it no higher than fifteen dollars.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 03/09/02, Updated 03/28/02