Review by Captain Doormat

"Crap."

I thought I got a bargain. I have learnt over time, that, usually, cheap games are fun for a little while. I turned the box over. It looked like a good game. I was hoping for a Mario Kart substitute. All I got was another drinks coaster (and a spare game box).

Visuals:6/10
Bold, bright, clear, sharp. Nice looking. The menu screens where obviously just slapped together hurriedly, because there were two characters not even featured in the game, in the corners. The same with the 50hz/60hz selection screen, on PAL versions. It was just a Toy Commander picture. They could have it all better if they made some pictures of the raceable vehicles.

Audio:3/10
No way near as good as it could have been. I think most of the sounds were taken from Toy Commander. The original sounds that are there are repeated a LOT, and it does get VERY annoying! There are basic, 'Woosh' and 'bang' noises, they sound as nice as a baby belching. The music is hardly worth the disc space.

Gameplay:2/10
Yeah, there is online play, so what? It is extremely boring in one player, and multiplayer. You can only race on your own offline, or with friends, in some pathetic little vechiles. The weapons are dull also, just a few missiles and tacks. Wow! The excitement is too much for me!! It has this weird and irritating thing called 'Teleport', which moves you back I checkpoint some time for some reason. It's pointless, but, thankfully, can be turned off. You aren't rewarded in any way, apart from getting a glimpse of a cup and your time. There's no point!! The tracks are poorly thought out, you go up on the walls and the ceiling (!?) sometimes, for some reason. The control is pretty basic. L and R are brake and accelerate, and some other button is fire a weapon. Doosh. That's all.

Replayability:3/10
The only reason I didn't give this a one, is because it has online play, and some people might like the game because of this. There are only four tracks that i can remember, each is unexciting, and confusing. As I said, there is nothing to unlock.

Buy or rent?
Don't bother with either. It is a pile of stinking crap. No thought was put into it, it was rushed, sloppily made...the list is endless. Don't waste your time, or your money.

Final Score:2. I can't believe I wasted my money on this. I don't want anyone else to make the same mistake. PLEASE don't buy it. It really is THAT BAD!!

Reviewer's Score: 2/10 | Originally Posted: 11/16/01, Updated 06/14/03