Review by Wolf and Raven

"Garou on the DC is not that great..."

What can I say? Garou is a great game, I'm not going to deny that. However, after playing the DC version of Garou, I must say that I am greatly disappointed in Agetec for even releasing it in the state it's in.

Graphics 8/10
The graphic are great, I have no complaints in that department. The one thing that bothered me the most about the graphics holds true in the MVS and DC version, the characters sprites seem very small and unfortunately that brings its points down (yes I do realize it's on a 16-bit board that's older than you). The back rounds are very detailed and adds great atmosphere to the game. Most of the intro-demos right before you fight a character in story mode are awesome, some are a little boring (freeman's especially).

Gameplay 5/10
What happened here? Why does this game feel so sluggish?! I didn't like the gameplay in this game at all. The Just Defend technique does add to the strategy of the game, however it is extremely abusable (more so than SF3's parries). Every move in this game does so much damage, a Potential Power moves do an insane amount of damage and because of it(along with JustDefend) is usually the deciding factor of the match. The TOP meter is not really necessary, not only does it add an extra move to your character, it also dishes out more damage on your end (about x1 1/4th).

Sound 3/10
WTF!?!?!?!? Agetec doesn't seem to be able to make the voices go in sync with the characters. The music is OK at best and is very forgettable.

Character & Plot 7/10
I didn't really like much of the characters in MOTW. However, everyone can related to one of the characters. My only complaint is the lack of characters, but maybe it's because I'm spoiled thanks to KOF 98 or CVS2. . The plot is actually very deep and the endings are good and present... Unlike some other games *coughGGXcough*.

Overall Average 6/10
I don't dislike this game, but I don't enjoy playing it as much as other DC fighters that are available. The only thing that keeps me playing this game on the DC is the fact that my friend hasn't gotten the MVS cart yet. If agetec had gotten the sound done correctly this game would have had a better score. I would only play this game on the DC if I had nothing else... Agetec better not **** up KOF2K.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 07/05/02, Updated 07/05/02