Question from xboxboy9394

Best strategy for knights?

Anyone know a good and easy way to defeat the knights (swordsman enemies dressed in blue)? The only way I can seem to defeat them is by luck and it drains me of my health!

hobbes1111 answered:

Bombs work on them, provided you can get them in the blast. If you're good with timing, just as the darknut is in range to attack you, swing your sword. Worst case is just pushing it back, but if it was trying to swing st you, you'll get a free hit, knock him out of range, and you'll still have he chance to get behind for more hits. Not too hard to time once you learn it. Saved me in Hero Trial 3-3.
3 0

Answers

J14blitz answered:

you can either A. use bombs or B. put one link behind the knight and switch between the 2
1 0

XD00999 answered:

Use Chain Chomp! Beware The Mad Dog!
0 0

the64dude answered:

Bombs: Use them if available.

Sword: Hit him when he's coming toward you; if he swings, you get a hit. If not, you knock him back giving you an extra chance.

Magnetic Glove: Attract it toward you and use the same strategy as the sword. This just makes the sword strategy more manipulable.
1 0

ADM6984 answered:

Bombs work, but they're usually tricky to use (I would still recommend trying when facing packs of these guys, though). In general, this version of the Darknut was clearly designed to require teamwork to beat. If you're playing multiplayer, one person can be a decoy while the other slashes from behind.

There is also a strategy I devised that can work if you're playing alone. Ideally, you want to face one knight at a time for best results. Separate your Links by a moderate distance and let the Darknut come at you. Just as it is about to swing its sword, switch to the other Link and ambush it from behind. This works because a Link on standby is both invincible and ignored.
1 0

akwan_tarot answered:

If you have the jumping cape, you can jump over the knight and hit him from behind.
0 0