Review by Giratina95

"Play the New, in 2!"

Wow! After seeing Pokemon Black Version and Pokemon White Version, we didn't think it could get much better. Once again, they've surpassed our expectations. Aside from the graphics not changing, the storyline in the game is simply phenomenal. The main story starts off in a completely different place, and so do the first two gyms. The game also introduces The PokeStar Studios, as well as the DNA Splicers, which can be used to fuse Kyurem with either Zekrom or Reshiram, to get a White Kyurem or Black Kyurem. I have used White Kyurem in game, and I can only say that I hasn't lost a fight!

My cousin, however did have a point. He was arguing that the game was a pure waste of money, as they didn't even "remake" the game, they "just put it two years into the future so they could sell a bunch more!" I can see where he's coming from, but I still wanted to see what this game was like for myself. I do applaud him for truly thinking about his decision and using his money wisely, because it was a very good point.

The New PokeDex from Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 is definitely much more advanced and wider than that of regular Black and White. Kyurem, Thundorus, Tornadus, Landorus, Keldeo, and more have completely new forms that can all be accessed in the game. Along with the new app for the Nintendo 3DS, PokeDex 3D Pro, which feature 3D, 360 degree views if each Pokemon, PokeDex information, learned moves, and even Pokemon Challenged which let you test your skills as a Pokemon trainer.

You still, also, get to choose from the same three starter Pokemon as in Pokemon Black and White. That's one thing that I didn't like. However, many new Pokemon are available really early in the game, like Riolu or Mareep. Also, a little less than halfway through the game, YOU GET A FREE ZORUA! This is a very good Pokemon, that will evolve into a Zororark at Level 30, and not to mention, the mysterious N's Zororark!

If you are trying to decide whether to make an investment on this breakthrough in the gaming world, these are the esssential questions to ask yourself:
- Am I willing to spend $35 on this game?
- Is Pokemon really something I'm interested in?
- Do I just want to get it because it's new and cool?

Think on these question before you buy, to make sure you're not mistaking.

Overall: 9/10 Price: 4/10 Storyline: 9.5/10 Lasting Appeal: 8.5/10 Graphics: 8/10

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 11/09/12

Game Release: Pokemon White Version 2 (US, 10/07/12)