Review by benthekid22

"No one should miss out on this awesome game."

Another awesome game in the Metroid series. Now with 6 all new bounty hunters. There is so much stuff to do in this game it will keep you playing for a long time.

Gameplay 9/10
There are 4 different control setups. A stylus and button mode for right-handed people, and a stylus and button mode for left-handed people. The thumbstrap works the best in my opinion. If your using stylus mode, you have the option to set the sensitivity which is nice. Controlling any 7 of the hunters couldn't be easier. This Metroid is definitely more linear than the other Metroid Primes. The single player alone is worth buying this game.

Story 8/10
The adventure mode takes place inbetween Metroid Prime 1 and Metroid Prime 2. Samus gets sent on a mission to recover the ultimate power (also known as octoliths). Little does she know, there are 6 other hunters who are also trying to get the ultimate power for themselves. You travel via your ship to different planets. Each planet is unique. You will fight tons of enemies as you explore each planet. You may encounter another bounty hunter along the way. You also fight bosses near the end of each world.

Graphics 10/10
The graphics are superb. I am continually surprised at what the Nintendo DS can do. How Nintendo pulled it off? I'll never know.

Sound 8/10
The sound is average, nothing to get too exited about. Although it does fit pretty well in this game.

Multiplayer 10/10
Oh my, oh my, oh my. I could go on forever about how great the multiplayer is in this. Nintendo couldn't have done a better job. You have 3 different options. You can do Single-cart play, Multi-cart play, or WiFi play.

Single-cart allows your friends without the game to download it and play multiplayer with you. Multi-cart play allows you to wirelessly hook up and play together. In WiFi you can either search a random game, or set up a game and play it with your friend via Nintendo WiFi Connection. In WiFi you have a friends/rivals list. You can add friends by getting eachothers codes. To add rivals, you just have to search for a random game and add eachother at the end of it. You also have a hunters license that allows you to check your stats. You can also chat (yes I said chat) with your friends over WiFi. You can't with rivals though.

Conclusion
If you have WiFi you should definitely pick up this game. If you don't, well then the singleplayer is still worth it. This is a must-have game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/27/06