Review by Foxarwing42

"Touching is good, Shooting is better..."

When I first saw this game back at E3 2004, I thought nothing of it. This was just going to be some knock-off, of the great console versions. Fast-foward to 3/20/06. I get out of school and ride my bike all the way to EB (which is far) to make sure I get a copy. I'm so glad I did! Amazing what 2 years can do.

Single Player - 10/10

Prime fans, no longer rely on lock on for this game. The control scheme was easy to get into when I first played but people will have trouble with it if they haven't played the demo. Even if you have, you'll have to get used to it some more because it feels a lot more smooth than the demo. The single player game is good, and you'll be surprised of how much they packed into the game. I won't spoil anything, but the story is cool, and the gameplay is awesome.

Graphics - 10/10

The graphics are the best ever seen on DS. The opening cutscene is an amazing FMV, and the game has plenty more, that look great. The in game graphics are extremely impressive. Sure they don't even look as good as Prime on GC, but this is the DS, and they are very impressive. Bar none, these are the best graphics on the DS right now.

Multiplayer - 10/10

THE REASON TO BUY THIS GAME! You can play Multiplayer 3 ways. Single-card, Multi-card, and Nintendo Wifi-Connection.

Single-card: Very simplistic mode. If your friends have DS and they don't have this game, no problem. They can download your game and play with you (temporary, of course) but they can only play as Samus. This mode is very limited but still fun.

Multi-card: Very complex, and deep. Cool multiplayer options, they are all here. All you've unlocked and everything they've unlocked. This mode is obviously better than single-card, and there's a lot more to do. Perfect for lan parties.

Nintendo Wifi-Connection: You remember Mario Kart: DS? How it had a lot of tracks missing, how you couldn't do certain modes, and certain features were taken out? Not the case in this game. Everything you can do in Multi-card, you can do here. But there's a catch. If you don't have friends or rivals, you're stuck doing deathmatch, with no possible way to change the rules. But assuming you do have friends and rivals, you can do everything. And as a bonus, with your friends, you can voice chat and type to them. Sadly, you can't trash talk to your rivals, as those features are cut out.

Replay value: 10/10

Just like Super Smash Bros. Melee, I don't see myself not plying this game for years to come. There's so much to do, but unlike Smash, there's online. So there's always someone ready to play.

Now I may have given this game a 10, but there are some issues that I have.

Slowdown- It usually happens when the place gets to busy and hectic, but it's not that bad at all. It'll pass, and it's not frequent or long.
Only 4 players- Maybe I'm asking for to much but if we gave these guys a little more time, could we have gotten 8 or even 16 players online. If not online at least multi-card. Multi-card in Mario Kart had 8, why doesn't this?

Those are issues I had with the game, but they weren't enough to bring the score down.

RENT OR BUY?

BUY! Just like Smash, or Counter-Strike you will be playing this game for a long, long time. The multiplayer alone is worth it(oh yeah, and the single player ain't too bad either...).

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/27/06