Friend code help?

1. I got a new DS and reset my game, and when I went to cooper and he said "no compatible access point in range. please check your connection settings." He gave me an option to go in to the Nintendo WFC Configuration so I went there. I tried "search for an access point" but it says "The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS" and gives me some contact information. I have everything I need for wireless, but how do I connect?

User Info: papercowmoo

papercowmoo - 7 years ago
    Friend, same happens to me, I have no idea of what to do here...
    Maybe we should try to go into the hlp provided by nintendo...
    I mean, just look, this forums are dead x_x

User Info: Aldath

Aldath - 7 years ago
    I still don't get it and i have no idea what you are talking about

User Info: Stylinbratz1415

Stylinbratz1415 - 7 years ago
    you got to take their names and there towns if not the friend code won't work.
    CODE:305016222922
    NAME:Ally
    TOWN:China

User Info: toocoolluke

toocoolluke - 7 years ago
    It's mostly becuase you dont have a reliable wifi source
    or it's becuase you dont HAVE wifi around you.
    I have my code for my game and neeed someone to buy something from my shop
    so i can get the final stage of nook's shop! I have tons of bells laying
    around my town but hardly any trees!
    Friend code:
    CODE:021671227681
    NAME:Madi
    TOWN:PAW PAW

User Info: Sables_Friend

Sables_Friend - 7 years ago
    You should try getting the nintendo wifi dongle and install disk. My game did this for ages then I got the dongle and put it in my computer, installed it and connected to it... worked fine after that might just be your internet box mind.

User Info: Dmski468

Dmski468 - 7 years ago
    sorry my name is lEiSh@ (its that weird E)

User Info: purpleheart090

purpleheart090 - 7 years ago

1. I got a couple of codes i can give you a couple if you want...

User Info: toocoolluke

toocoolluke - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Same thing happens to me and it really is annoying. I have no clue what to do and I believe the only solution is that you can't use wifi. T_T

User Info: dsispro

dsispro - 7 years ago 1 2
  2. Just search for your access point and put in your WEP code.

User Info: tokidoki_panda

tokidoki_panda - 7 years ago 0 3
  3. Its cuz your wifi is most likely set for computers only and i have no idea how to make it set up for games XD

User Info: Buzzkill12

Buzzkill12 - 7 years ago 1 1
  4. This happens to me too. We trued to set it for the DS and it still didn't work.

User Info: ohhaiitssam

ohhaiitssam - 7 years ago 1 0
  5. I went through the same thing. I re-set up my wireless network jsut today. Chances are your network was set up by default usin a pre-shared WPK key rather than WEP. Ps3 , Wii , PCs etc will connect fine. The DS doesn't support WPK. It is WEp friendly only. If you run your own network, you can log into your router & change the security which is a total PITA. If someone else runs your network...all you can do is ask.

User Info: ninjalisacat

ninjalisacat - 7 years ago 1 0
  6. I'm agreeing with Ninjalisacat on this one: The wireless is probably set up to use WPA security which the regular DS can't handle. The new DSI will be able to handle WPA without you needing to change anything, but if you want to fix it without waiting/buying the new DSI there's free tutorials online for "Setting up wireless security".

Just a word of warning though: if you don't know what you're doing in the router, it's easy to mess it up and then disable internet access for your whole house!

Another solution is to go to McDonald's and use their free wireless there; not quite as good, but it'll make it so you can go online.
    Or go to a friend's house that has the wireless set up with WEP and use their wireless; you'll probably have to ask for the password to connect. Again, not as convienient as doing it from home.

User Info: VanillaChai

VanillaChai - 7 years ago 2 0
  7. the thing is when your game is started over you have to do the key all over again it took me FOREVA JUST TO GET one CODE IT SUCKS AND IS COMPLICATED

User Info: awesomeDS

awesomeDS - 7 years ago 0 1
  8. If you have a linksys router you wont be able to get into Wi-Fi conection,by the way I need the same that Sables_Friend so my code is:
    137646095052
    Name:David
    Town:Kingdom

User Info: Fenrir7u

Fenrir7u - 7 years ago 1 0
  9. I have the last remodeling for tom nook and my house but my only friend is my sis.
    btw, heres my code.
    451161008530
    name: ibuki
    town:japan
    btw i have extra money so whoever said they need some trees n stuff come to my town now

User Info: prutain69

prutain69 - 7 years ago 0 0
  10. im sorry that is Ibuki and my town is Japan.

User Info: prutain69

prutain69 - 7 years ago 0 0
  11. Mines is
    2922-7821-3798
    newyork
    My little sister named the town

User Info: darkninja_1195_

darkninja_1195_ - 7 years ago 1 0
  12. Sorry I forgot to put my name cesar

User Info: darkninja_1195_

darkninja_1195_ - 7 years ago 1 0
  13. i have some info for you guys . I have a belkin router that is wifi capable and use for my wii on the wap setting, which you all have come to know won't work for the ds. i went to the help pages on the nintendo web site there, and it told me how to accsess my router settings on the web and change them to WEP so the DS will work

User Info: BigJim1128

BigJim1128 - 7 years ago 0 1
  14. Ok, if you got a new DS, you have to go to the WiFi Setup before you start your game (in the menu.) Because getting a new DS doesn't mean your connection settings transferred. Put in the WEP key (the password or number) to the wireless internet. (You may have a WPA key, or none at all.) Or you may not be in range of WiFi in your house.

User Info: MasterOfUbers

MasterOfUbers - 7 years ago 0 1
  15. you must ask cooper and ask to set up a friend code he will conect you to the wirelessinternet after that you should be able to visit us all. add mine
    2836 8847 9869
    NAME: liSh@
    TOWN: dilydale !!!email me for date and time to visit!!!

User Info: purpleheart090

purpleheart090 - 7 years ago 0 1
  16. mine is
    CODE: 0982-7988-9574
    TOWN: america
    NAME: tin

User Info: cnnp1998

cnnp1998 - 7 years ago 0 0
  17. Omg ,I am so gonna add people coz i can never do that as there is always no-one to connect with,Lolz x
    Thank you!

User Info: Alex25000

Alex25000 - 7 years ago 0 0
  18. Also can everyone tell me what time they will be on and will want to connect with me!

User Info: Alex25000

Alex25000 - 7 years ago 0 0