Question from papercowmoo

Friend code help?

I got a new DS and reset my game, and when I went to cooper and he said "no compatible access point in range. please check your connection settings." He gave me an option to go in to the Nintendo WFC Configuration so I went there. I tried "search for an access point" but it says "The access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS" and gives me some contact information. I have everything I need for wireless, but how do I connect?

Aldath asked for clarification:

Friend, same happens to me, I have no idea of what to do here...
Maybe we should try to go into the hlp provided by nintendo...
I mean, just look, this forums are dead x_x

Stylinbratz1415 asked for clarification:

I still don't get it and i have no idea what you are talking about

toocoolluke asked for clarification:

you got to take their names and there towns if not the friend code won't work.
CODE:305016222922
NAME:Ally
TOWN:China

Sables_Friend asked for clarification:

It's mostly becuase you dont have a reliable wifi source
or it's becuase you dont HAVE wifi around you.
I have my code for my game and neeed someone to buy something from my shop
so i can get the final stage of nook's shop! I have tons of bells laying
around my town but hardly any trees!
Friend code:
CODE:021671227681
NAME:Madi
TOWN:PAW PAW

Dmski468 asked for clarification:

You should try getting the nintendo wifi dongle and install disk. My game did this for ages then I got the dongle and put it in my computer, installed it and connected to it... worked fine after that might just be your internet box mind.

purpleheart090 asked for clarification:

sorry my name is lEiSh@ (its that weird E)

toocoolluke answered:

I got a couple of codes i can give you a couple if you want...
2 0

Answers

dsispro answered:

Same thing happens to me and it really is annoying. I have no clue what to do and I believe the only solution is that you can't use wifi. T_T
1 2

tokidoki_panda answered:

Just search for your access point and put in your WEP code.
0 3

Buzzkill12 answered:

Its cuz your wifi is most likely set for computers only and i have no idea how to make it set up for games XD
1 1

ohhaiitssam answered:

This happens to me too. We trued to set it for the DS and it still didn't work.
1 0

ninjalisacat answered:

I went through the same thing. I re-set up my wireless network jsut today. Chances are your network was set up by default usin a pre-shared WPK key rather than WEP. Ps3 , Wii , PCs etc will connect fine. The DS doesn't support WPK. It is WEp friendly only. If you run your own network, you can log into your router & change the security which is a total PITA. If someone else runs your network...all you can do is ask.
1 0

VanillaChai answered:

I'm agreeing with Ninjalisacat on this one: The wireless is probably set up to use WPA security which the regular DS can't handle. The new DSI will be able to handle WPA without you needing to change anything, but if you want to fix it without waiting/buying the new DSI there's free tutorials online for "Setting up wireless security".

Just a word of warning though: if you don't know what you're doing in the router, it's easy to mess it up and then disable internet access for your whole house!

Another solution is to go to McDonald's and use their free wireless there; not quite as good, but it'll make it so you can go online.
Or go to a friend's house that has the wireless set up with WEP and use their wireless; you'll probably have to ask for the password to connect. Again, not as convienient as doing it from home.
2 0

awesomeDS answered:

the thing is when your game is started over you have to do the key all over again it took me FOREVA JUST TO GET one CODE IT SUCKS AND IS COMPLICATED
0 1

Fenrir7u answered:

If you have a linksys router you wont be able to get into Wi-Fi conection,by the way I need the same that Sables_Friend so my code is:
137646095052
Name:David
Town:Kingdom
1 0

prutain69 answered:

I have the last remodeling for tom nook and my house but my only friend is my sis.
btw, heres my code.
451161008530
name: ibuki
town:japan
btw i have extra money so whoever said they need some trees n stuff come to my town now
0 0

prutain69 answered:

im sorry that is Ibuki and my town is Japan.
0 0

darkninja_1195_ answered:

Mines is
2922-7821-3798
newyork
My little sister named the town
1 0

darkninja_1195_ answered:

Sorry I forgot to put my name cesar
1 0

BigJim1128 answered:

i have some info for you guys . I have a belkin router that is wifi capable and use for my wii on the wap setting, which you all have come to know won't work for the ds. i went to the help pages on the nintendo web site there, and it told me how to accsess my router settings on the web and change them to WEP so the DS will work
0 1

MasterOfUbers answered:

Ok, if you got a new DS, you have to go to the WiFi Setup before you start your game (in the menu.) Because getting a new DS doesn't mean your connection settings transferred. Put in the WEP key (the password or number) to the wireless internet. (You may have a WPA key, or none at all.) Or you may not be in range of WiFi in your house.
0 1

purpleheart090 answered:

you must ask cooper and ask to set up a friend code he will conect you to the wirelessinternet after that you should be able to visit us all. add mine
2836 8847 9869
NAME: liSh@
TOWN: dilydale !!!email me for date and time to visit!!!
0 1

cnnp1998 answered:

mine is
CODE: 0982-7988-9574
TOWN: america
NAME: tin
0 0

Alex25000 answered:

Omg ,I am so gonna add people coz i can never do that as there is always no-one to connect with,Lolz x
Thank you!
0 0

Alex25000 answered:

Also can everyone tell me what time they will be on and will want to connect with me!
0 0