Can a Japanese cartridge and American cartridge play together?

1. I live in Japan and would like to play over the internet with a friend in America. Does anyone know if they will work together? He has an American cartridge of MarioKart, and I could only get the Japanese one. Thanks.

User Info: deppUTdog

deppUTdog - 6 years ago
    Thanks guys. I think it "should" work, but I was hoping someone would have experience or real knowledge before I buy a copy. Until I borrow a copy and test it out, I'll keep this question "open."

User Info: deppUTdog

deppUTdog - 6 years ago

1. The games, while in a different language, are the same and one. There are no major game differences between the two (and I have access to both) and there's aboslutely no reason why you couldn't play together. If you are worried, you could ask a friend to borrow an American version or buy it, or check out the Wi-Fi Customer Support website, at www.nintendowifi.com.au/customersupport/SupportHome.jsp

Hope it helps!

User Info: rockerman2828

rockerman2828 - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Considering that it's the same game and Wi-Fi was designed for global play, I don't see why there should be a problem. Try it out first and let us know if anything isn't working.

User Info: XTApocalypse

XTApocalypse - 6 years ago 2 0
  2. Yes, otherwise why would wifi exist?

User Info: supersonicfail

supersonicfail - 6 years ago 0 2