Review by iammaxhailme

"Awesome!"

As some of you know, this is the first online DS game. I think that's awesome. And so is this game.

STORY
Racing game. Irrelevant. Uhh... some racers race and the top three get Gold/Silver/Bronze trophies. Like in every Mario Kart game.

GAMEPLAY: 9/10

Not only is the game fun period, it's fun to play! The buttons are very responsive, and there are lots of different things to do.

For example, there are a lot of different levels. There are levels for everything. There's even a level that's like a giant pinball level! That's a fun one. There's items and stuff too. Very fun.

Also, online, there's little to no lag at all! And it's easy to play, too. All you need is any kind of router. And even if you don't have one, if you live near a hotspot, you can play anyway!

Soon, I heard that Nintendo will put in voice chat. If that's true, it'll be even better! I hope it is, because I want to talk to people when I'm playing.

GRAPHICS: 10/10
This game also has very clear graphics. When I was going to get it, I feared that the graphics would suck, because honestly, I was never too big on portable racing game graphics. But this is amazing! The colors and stuff wow! The map on the bottom actually helps, too, unlike on GBA, where it doesn't show you anything until it's about to hit you. And the faces are actually like faces, not just circles with various colored parts. Very nice. The stages have nice depth perception, too.

SOUND: 9/10
Besides some "retro" levels, this game also has some of the music from choice levels from SNES, N64, GCN, and GBA. I always did like the music for Yoshi Circuit on Gamecube, and now I can listen to it while beating people online! (Heh... I wish) Also, there are some nice new tunes, and sound effects too.

REPLAY VALUE: 9/10
Well, since this is an online game, there's a lot of replay value there. Playing against new people, new places, etc. There's a lot of different characters you can bee, too. Each has their own special car, and stats. Like Mario is Balanced, Yoshi has High Acceleration and Low Top Speed, while Bowser is the opposite, etc. That's also great.

OVERALL: 10/10
Seriously. BUY THIS GAME. I'm not a big fan of racing games, but this is still a great game to play, even if you don't want to go online.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/19/05