Review by Marth9

"This game is awesome."

Graphics 9.2
The graphics could not get any better. Well, maybe it could, but there is no arguing here. The circuits are designed good, and same thing with the characters and karts. The graphics almost easily compare to a Mario game for the Gamecube. Seriously, if you don't like the graphics, you don't know what real graphics are. Incredible job, Nintendo!

Sound/Music 7.9
The sounds actually make this game good. The nice music while racing on the circuit is wonderful. Fits in with the background real well. The problem is that sometimes the character on the kart starts talking a lot sometimes, and it sometimes can get real annoying if you listen to it too long. But anyways, like I say, sounds don't matter much, it's the music. Once again, nice job Nintendo.

Gameplay 8.7
Mario Kart DS has a very good selection of gameplay. This includes the Wi-fi on-line gameplay. You have a friend code, and you can race other people on-line (if you have the right stuff for your computer.) But thats not what i'm here to talk about. There are 4 championships in the game, and you must come first in all of them. But there are 3 difficulties; 50cc, 100cc and 150cc. You got to win the cups in all three of those difficulties. With a great selection of weapons and power-ups, you can either blast your opponents away or zoom past them with a power-up. But after you manage to unlock everything (Secret characters, all the tracks etc.) what is there to do? Well, you got the time trial, which can be fun sometimes. There are also 7 missions to complete; all with different tasks and characters to user. Nintendo must of spent lots of time making this game, as it has lots of stuff to do.

Controls 7.5
These are the controls I like for any racing game. You press A to accelerate, and B to brake, and the control stick to move around and stuff. The only problem I have is launching weapons and power-ups, which requires you to press a number of buttons. But even though the weapons are hard to launch, the other controls are great for a beginner.

Replay Value 6.8
Well, after you beat the game (like unlock all the characters, tracks etc.) what do you do? Time trial or on-ine play. The on-line play is what saved this section. With on-line play, you can test your skills with people from all around the world. Fun, I have tried it with my buddies a few times. So on-line play is a definite yes if you have unlocked everything.

Graphics 9.2