Review by Foxarwing42

"Qucik, give me the stylus, I'm gonna save this man!"

Another great example of the games only possible on the DS. Usually you kill in games, to get your objective done. But here your objective is to save their life.

Graphics:8/10

The DS can do better but it's not that big of a deal in this game simply because your too busy trying to save the life. The graphics look blocky at some points but not enough to bother you. The Top Screen is used for "cutscenes" which is really just an anime character standing there with text underneath. The drawings are extremely well done. None on the touch screen is the surgery. While it doesn't look hyper realistic you can tell what the organs are and the details are there.

Sound:9/10

Once again the DS can do better but this game really doesn't really rely on the sound. There are a couple of themes I did find myself humming to after I was done playing and the sound effects sound great. When you use the knife you cut the pateent open, it sounds like your cutting him open.

Gameplay:10/10

If there was one game I could use as an example to show was is so innovative about the touch screen, it would be this game. There's so much you do. Open the paitent, give him shots, remove the blood, take out the tumors, put the bandage over wounds. It's just amazing, and at some points it feels real. Almost as if you were that doctor who saved him, or let him die. Even when the surgery would seem easy there always this feeling of stress while you are making sure your paitent is all right. You ever watch the show E.R.? Think of that, only 10 times more drama. It's very cool.

To be honest, I really didn't pay attention to the story too much. Not to say that the story is bad, you just won't care for it that much. You just can't wait till your next surgery but the story is still pretty good. It's no E.R., but it will get the job done.

And that's my review. This game is one of the best games for your DS. Trust me, you won't regret getting this game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/26/05