Review by CyberNeoLink

"Whatever you do, DO NOT play this game in a car!"

Christmas 2005. My aunt gave me a $30 EB Games gift card. For months I had my eye in Trauma Center:Under the Knife. So my family and I went to the mall. While my parents were shopping at Sears, me and my bro were deciding what to buy with our gift card. I was leaning to buy Sonic Rush but this game looked like it would teach me about surgical treatment. Trauma Center: Under the Knife is a surgery game for the DS. Don't worry. This game does not have inappropriate content. People with soft stomachs can dive in this game. Its all good until the characters start using some slight hard language. Enough said. Now let's get on the categories!

Game Play: 10/10
The levels start like this: Apply disinfectant, cut with the scalpel, treat the patient, suture the opening done early, disinfect stitches, and apply bandages. Great game play. This is one of the best games for the DS. This game will have you hooked for at least a month since the operations are tough. That is, unlike you are like me that I'm almost done with it.

Music/Sound: 9/10
The music is great. The music at later operations is cool and puts you a bit nervous. The sound is great too. With all the surgical tools, everything sounds great. From the slashing of the Kiryaki and the Paraskevi GUILT (Don't worry, I'll talk more about GUILT later on) to the funny sound of the anti biotic gel. Great music and sound

Is the year 2018. Incurable disease like Cancer and AIDS are old stuff. But a new set of disease called GUILT ( Gangliated Utrophin Immuno Latency Toxin) has appeared. Doctors Think it might be the first bio logical weapon for medical terrorism.
The game puts you in the shoes of doctor Derek Stiles who has just been admitted to Hope Hospital as a surgeon. The reason he started studying medicine was because his father died of an incurable disease. An organization called Caduceus international cured many incurable diseases. GUILT is a real challenge for them. Caduceus has managed to keep GUILT hidden from the public so far. But how can they cure it if they don't know how to treat it?
Pretty good story but not perfect. It would have been better if it was a game based on the present treating disease that exist now.

Pretty sweet graphics. It is a very realistic game. But to me, graphics don't matter at all. The organs and bodies look really good. The character dialogue is a manga style. Very cool.

Controls: 9/10
This game turns your stylus into a variety of surgical tools. It has great controls. Sometimes you can get the laser confused with the drain. Also the scalpel with the stitches. Well it has pretty good controls.

THE VERDICT!
+Fun!
+Difficult. Can last you a long time
+Great controls, graphics and everything above
-Funky storyline

Congratulations Nintendo and Atlus. You have created a whole new genre that can only be experienced in the Nintendo DS.
Buy or rent? BUY!