Review by ACowWithaDS

"Is it really THAT bad?"

Naruto Ninja Council 3 Review

Is this game really THAT bad? Is all the hating on this game… a little too much? In short, yes. As you may have noticed, I have recently written a walkthrough for this game. I have fully played through this, and I must say, it isn't THAT bad of a single player game. Sadly, I can't really comment on the multiplayer. However, from what I heard it is nothing special.

In Ninja Council 3, you do various missions like Defeat 20 snakes or defeat 20 bats. Doesn't have much too do with Naruto huh? Thankfully, there are some missions that are related to the series, like defeat Orochimaru. The missions are spread out into a grid, and are separated by difficulty. A mission can be D, C, B, A, or S difficulty. What is confusing me though, is that there isn't much separation in how hard each difficulty is. D, C, and B are almost identical. A isn't all that hard, and S is very short and only has a few hard missions. Big downside here, as there is only a few challenging missions throughout the whole game. Thankfully, there are rankings based on how good you do each mission. Once you beat the game once, you can always go back and try to get the highest ranking for each mission.

One great feature in this game is the amount of characters. It will take the whole game to unlock them all, and there are quite a few of them. Definitely enough to choose from. In addition to this, just about all of them have their own jutsus from the show! Nice little addition here for the diehard Naruto fans.

I can't really find words to describe the sound in this game. I could only come up with one thing- brilliant! Most handheld games annoy the hell out of me with their terrible music, but I have to admit Ninja Council 3 didn't. The menu music isn't very special, but wait until you get to the missions! It is awesome! I couldn't turn it off. I don't know why it hooked me, if it was when the characters used their jutsus that it was the voices from the show or what but it sounded really good. Brightest spot in this game, you will find yourself to enjoy this.

The controls are a little shaky. The jumping and fighting is good, but when you use a jutsu you need to spin the stylus on the screen or blow into the microphone. Depending on the jutsu, spinning the stylus on the screen and getting them max power of the jutsu is incredibly hard. Maybe it is just me, though. Was a real turn-off and made me not want to go back to those jutsus unless I had to.

Graphically, this game is nothing special. Not bad, but nothing to be psyched about. The jutsus are really pretty, however. Each level is definitely scenic, and you can tell who is who and they actually look like from the show.

Now what we all really want to know- Does it really play good? Is it worth a buy?

Yes, this game does play quite well. Excluding some really cheesy and generic missions where you have to defeat animals, this is realitivly fun. Quite easy to play and catch on to, and the music is great. A diehard fan wouldn't mind picking this up, especially for a cheap price. I got this for only about four bucks, and I definitely don't regret it.

This review was written by a non fan of the TV series .Thanks for reading!

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 11/17/08

Game Release: Naruto: Ninja Council 3 (US, 05/22/07)