Review by jeffayle

"Same game, but now you can touch!"

This game is pretty much the same as the two predecessors (Advance Wars and Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (Both on GBA)), and that's about all that can be said of it.

==Gameplay (06/10)==
The game play is almost exactly like its GBA predecessors, with the most notable difference being the DS maps, which allow you to play two maps at the same time and send units back and forth between the two. The second, and less important difference is that you can control the game with the stylus, which is very difficult to get used to, especially when the map is larger than the screen, after playing with the stylus for a couple hours, you'll be using the classic controls.

==Story (01/10)==
The story is just like the other two games, black hole is trying to take over the world, but this time in Omega land (Yes, another Greek letter) with all new COs, and new campaign levels, 28, easy and hard.

==Graphics (08/10)==
The graphics for this game look pretty nice, especially compared to older Advance Wars, they are not anything special, but you can look at them without your eyes bleeding.

==Sound (09/10)==
The sound if really good for this game, what I especially love about it (and the other games of the series) is that each CO has their own respective theme song, which plays when it is their turn in battle, and of course the Black Hole COs have 'darker' sounding themes.

==Play Time & Replayability (08/10)==
I have about 100 hours on the game, and haven't beaten campaign, even on easy, however I have known people who can beat in a weekend. As for replayability, there is a hard mode you can buy (yes buy, not win) after you beat easy campaign, but I got tired of it before I even finished easy mode.

==Extras (10/10)==
This game is full of extra features, my favourite is the metals, when you do something significant (like playing a certain number of hours, or creating/destroying a certain number of units) you will receive a metal for it. Another popular feature, one, however, I am not too fond of is combat mode, which is a new minigame, which allows you to purchase units, then go head-to-head against the AI in a realtime strategy mode.

==Multiplayer (08/10)==
The multiplayer on this game is enough to buy the game, because it supports not only single- and multi-pak linking, but you can play up to 8 players on one DS! However, it is less convenient, as you must pass the DS around to each player on their turn.

==Overall (06/10)==
!!RATING IS NOT AN AVERAGE!!
This game is definitely worth buying, but not for campaign, or any other single-player modes, but because you can play multi-player with all your friends, even ones who do not own DSes.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 12/10/07

Game Release: Advance Wars: Dual Strike (US, 08/22/05)