Review by Mr_Fortune_Cat

"You might not like this game at first, but once you play enough you will. I SWEAR IT!"

Alright, I'm going to keep this fairly short.

I was a huge fan of Yoshi's Island. It is, in my opinion, the best platforming game there ever was. I was not a huge fan of Yoshi's Story. While the graphics and gameplay were good, it was just way too childish. I still liked the game a lot, but I wasn't a huge fan. Just a medium fan.

So now we have Yoshi Touch and Go. Is like Yoshi's Island 2? Not really, but it comes pretty darn close. When I first bought it and played it I thought, "This is it? I just payed $30 to play the same level over and over again?" But, I did play it, over and over and over again. And, after a while, I fell in love with it.

I loved the graphics style. It's like Yoshi's Island, but better. Everything looked smooth and well detailed. Excellent.

All the usual Yoshi grunts and groans I love so much. The music, however, was just a tad repetitive. I didn't really like the falling Mario theme that much... Other than that, great!

THIS IS WHAT MAKES THE GAME GREAT. The gameplay is entirely done on the touch screen. You draw clouds, throw eggs, jump and flutter jump, and.... that's it. But, it is so fun once you get good at it. The time attacks and challenge modes can be fun, fun, fun, once your good enough. It just takes a bit of practice to get used to. I loved it!

Replay: 8/10

Replay is what the game is all about. You just go through the same level over and over again. Like I said earlier, that may sound dull at first, but believe me, it's not. Basically, after a while, you may get board and start playing something else for a while, but then you pick it back up and start playing again.

The main thing about this game is, first impressions cannot be trusted. I didn't like it at first, but after a short while, I fell in love with it. Don't rent this game. It will get you no where. The only way you can appreciate it is to practice and get familiar with it. Most people who trash this game, just haven't played it enough. Once you get used to it, it is ADDICTIVE! I love it so much.

Now, if they would make a game with the same controls..... but level by level, rather than beating your highscores over and over again, that would be the perfect game. Maybe even better than Yoshi's Island. Touch and Go could use some variety, and this would probably help replayability, too. They could probably make some unbelievably fun bosses and minigames using DS control. But for now, we have Yoshi Touch and Go, a great game, that if mixed a tad with classic Yoshi's Island, would become an unbelievable game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/29/05