Review by Genius_41

"Turd coloured goodness"

Bieng Rayman must really suck. You'd have to steer clear of blenders in case your foot fell in and you'd always leave your hand on the bus. Luckily there aren't any blenders in Rayman DS.

This is basicly a remake of the N64/PS1/PC/DC origanal, "Rayman 2: The Great Escape" where Rayman has to save the world from the grasp of the evil pirates through 19 3D worlds.

GRAPHICS 6/10
The 3D models and animation are good enough and many characters, like Globox's many kids, are over exaggerated to hell (which is a good thing). However, the murky, blockey textures really pull it down. You can count the shades of brown on the ground. Plus, everything is green, brown and greeny brown. Clark looks extremly scary.

SOUND 9/10
Great music and sound effects, and the garbeld speech is great; put on a set of decent headphones and it's near perfect.

GAMEPLAY 7/10
The levels are very linear like the Bowser stages on Mario 64 but I found this a good thing. At one time you're on a weird roller-coaster thing and the next a ship is pelting you with cannonballs; at times the platforming rivals Mario 64. In fact, I'd say it's better although not many people would agree with me. The camera isn't the best but it's easy to control if you can't see. The touch screen controls are better than Mario 64 as the circle thing stays in one place. However, I found quite a few bugs and jumped into black gaming hell about three times. The saving system isn't perfect- you can only save after each level- and this can get extremly annoying.

VALUE 8/10
Quite a long adventure, but where are the extra levels and minigames? Mario 64 DS had them.

OVERALL- 8/10
If you see it in the shop I advise you get it- as a DS launch game there aren't many copies nocking about but you should be able to get it for 20 quid or less. But 20 sheets is well worth it for one of the best DS games around.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/02/07