Review by koolboy123

"Pretty Cool Game"

I just recently bought this game and I have to say, it's a pretty good game. I haven't played any of the others.I'll walk you through five very important categories of the game.

Storyline 9/10
It has a pretty good storyline.It starts as Rayman getting caught by the pirates. Almost everyone is. There are more than 18,000 caught. That's when Globox(Raymans best friend) comes to the rescue and gives Rayman a silver orb that Ly the Fairy made. It gives him the power to shoot with his fists. Now it's all up to Rayman to save the world.

Gameplay 9/10
The gameplay can sometimes be intense. You can shoot crazily at enemies As you progress you get more cool powers. Sometimes the game becomes hard from all of the tough puzzles that you have to do. If you want to really beat the game you have to collect all of the one-thousand lums and break all eighty cages to beat the game. Sometimes you can light a barrel to use as a rocket. In this game you never know what you'll be doing next.

Controls 10/10
The controls are VERY easy to use. Just push A to shoot, B to jump,X to look around ,Y to move the camera, and the D pad to move.The only problem was that I had a little trouble controlling the camera. It's not that bad since you can always just tap the L button. There aren't any major flaws with these controls.

Graphics 10/10
These graphics are absolutely amazing! Everything is colorful and in 3D. Globox's eyes look hilarious and everything looks very real. It's almost like you're in the game. The scene in the beginning of the game looks dark and sad. These graphics are perfect.

Replay Value 9/10
There is plenty to do like collect all of the yellow lums and break the cages. The game has a fair amount of stages to keep you occupied for a while. Sometimes it's fun to just fly around. It is VERY tough to get 100% complete of the game. One-thousand lums are hard to collect. Especially when it's hard enough to complete the level.

Bottom Line 9/10
I could've given it a ten,but I didn't. It's not good enough to get a ten but this is a good game that you should get! With the incredible controls and replay value this is a must have game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/27/05