Review by Tayrybro

"Rayman Ds, not the best from the Ds collection but still an enjoyable game."

Rayman has been around for years and has a great reputation, but this one didn't quite live up to it.

Gameplay 10/10
-----------

The same original game play is still around but will a little flare of its own. The touchscreen has the health bars and other counters along with a virtual analog stick on it to guide Rayman through the forty-five levels. The stylus allows a smoother game play than the D-pad but takes a little practice to get used to. There is about a half second delay on the response to all the moves making it a little tricky but after about an hour you get used to it. You get a much easier game play with the virtual analog but you have to make sure you use the stylus and not your finger or else you will not be fast enough do to your finger getting stuck on the screen. I died quite a few times from this. you get a much better slide with the stylus than your finger.

Sound 9/10
-------

The sound in this game is based on all the previous Rayman games. The music in the game is pretty good and never gets repetitive. The different sounds made throughout the game differ from environment to environment. Whenever in battle the music changes to a much more exotic tune until the foe is killed.

Graphics 10/10
---------

The graphics in this game a simply amazing. They are much like the old game but will a little spice. If you look at the background it is simply amazing how much detail they can fit onto such a small screen. Some say they aren't up to par but they are just used to a larger screen. This is one spot in the game where it makes up for anything lost.

Longevity10/10
----------
if you just zoom through the game doing as little as possible, it'd probably last you about 30 hours. But if you want to achieve the 100% mark by collecting all 1000 lums throughout the 45 worlds, this one takes a while. It took me around 80 hours for me and my friends to complete. this is probably one of the longest hand held roll playing game I have ever played.

Overall 10/10
-------
This was one very enjoyable game and I highly recommend it. I didn't have this one tacked on the old wish list but when I bought it, I wasn't let down.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/27/05