Question from Dash_Jr

What NDS games offer voice chat, and how is the reception?

And last, what name of the routers should I get?

Parrotboy_1230 answered:

I don't know of that many games, but I'll list as many as I can.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl,
Metroid: Prime Hunters,
Nintendogs (I'm not sure how, because as far as I know, you can only communicate with your dog, not with people over Wi-Fi, but who knows? I didn't know about voice chat when I had my copy, otherwise, I would've tried it out)
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin,
Puzzle Planet League,
Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam,
Tony Hawk: Proving Grounds, (I think...)
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command,
That's all I can think of right now, and I'm not 100% sure about them. (Sorry!)

Okay, reception...I've tried out voice chat on Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. The reception is good, no static, although you <i><b>must</i></b> speak loudly in the mic for it to register in the other person's speakers, otherwise it comes out soft or distorted. Hopefully, using Nintendo's headset will help, it looks like it would, since the mic is moved next to your mouth.

Routers...My family has the Gateway 2Wire 2701HG-B that was included in AT&T's wireless network plan. It works fine, although sometimes it won't let my DS connect onto Wi-Fi due to a firewall problem. It usually resolves itself within a few minutes, though, and doesn't happen very often. Here's Nintendo's list of compatible routers, as well as a few incompatible ones. I'm pretty sure that most will work, just make sure that it has WEP encryption, not WPA. (WPA is more secure, requires passwords and stuff, but the DS isn't compatible with it. The Wii is, however)

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/routerInfo.jsp

Hope that helps!
2 0

Answers

ShadianVise answered:

Very few... Pokemon D/P has voice chat. It's decent for a handheld, I suppose. It's kind of fuzzy though. I believe Metroid Prime Hunters also has voice chat, but I dunno.

As for routers... Meh. You wouldn't happen to use a Mac, would you? I would suggest a wireless Airport, but you probably use a Dell or something. See if Nintendowifi.com has any answers.
1 1

Parrotboy_1230 answered:

Oh yeah, if you have a Mac, use the AirPort, like ShadianVise said. (My house has both a Mac and PC, the router is hooked up to the PC, though.)
0 0

barboid answered:

<b><i>Ack, I guess that bold/italics doesn't work here! Whoops!</i></b> Yes, it does! You just had the closing ones in the wrong order.

As for the voice chat: on Diamond and Pearl, there is GREAT reception. My kid can attest to that. No details, but let me assure you that unless you turn it off, people on the other 'side' can hear EVERYTHING.

As for the router situation: I third Parrotboy and Shadianvise's advice to get a wireless Airport. It works with both Macs <i>and</i> PCs. We currently have 2 Macs and 2 PCs hooked up to it.
0 0

barboid answered:

LOL, now don't I look silly. We were both right and wrong at the same time. I guess it really doesn't work! Oh, well.
0 0

Starberry answered:

The best game that offers the best voice chat is Diary Girl. It's also for boys so don't worry.
0 0