Question from spiralion

Why won't my DS Mini wifi?

I am albe to connect to the wifi at my local game store, but when I am at the library (most have wifi technology) it won't hook up. I have read that for this to happen, I must play certain games. I can't believe this after connecting and DLing demos at the store. Please tell me more of how to operate my DS with Wifi.

beibin answered:

Have you configured the Wi-Fi settings? You can just tap the "Search for an Access Point", and your DS will scan for wireless connections, and if one is found, it will automatically retrieve it's SSID (name) and the IP addresses, but you might still need to input a WEP key in order to use it.
2 0

Answers

Charizard_Power answered:

When you download demos at the store, you aren't connecting to WiFi. What you connected to was a DS Download Station, which is a machine that the store operates. It's like connecting to another DS that is offering games to download. WiFi, on the other hand, requires having a WiFi-enabled game (one that has a blue WiFi symbol in the corner of a box) and can only be accessed in-game.
1 0