Review by tommytcph

"I love you Nintendo!"

It was over a year ago now. I heard Nintendo was coming out with the Nintendo DS.
It had 2 screens. I was very skeptical of this idea until E3. They showed it with a touch screen. Until i got my DS the only thing I could talk about was that touching was good. Why did I stop saying that? I was too busy playing my DS.

These graphics are amazing. It surpasses the quality of the N64 and reaches DreamCast quality. The best example of this is probably the screens from GoldenEye. The only reason I gave this an 8 is because they aren't as good as PSP.

Control: 9/10
The control is very good on the DS. They added the extra 2 face buttons which I had been longing for. Other than that every button is like the GBA. Another useful feature is the touch screen. This can roughly simulate analog control and is great for FPS and RTS games. The only reason I gave it a 9 is because of the lack of an analog stick.

Value: 10/10
The DS price hits the spot. Many say it is too much for a handheld but hey, it has a lot of extra features. For a touch screen, dual screen handheld I'd say the value is nothing short of perfect. This also comes with 2 stylii, a thumbstrap, and a demo of Metroid Prime: Hunters.

Features: 10/10
This system's features are great and innovative. It has two screens, touch screen, and backwards compatibility with GBA. This thing also comes with PictoChat where u can draw and type messages to others within range and possibly online in the future.

Multiplayer: 9/10

This is great. It has wireless multiplayer. The range is 30-100 feet. it has also been announced that this system will go online with Animal Crossing Online as one of it's first titles to go online. Metroid Prime: Hunters will also go online with a Halo 2 style of multiplayer. Oh yeah, and online is free! This also has DS Download Play, where for some games you can play multiplayer with one card! This thing also has Picto Chat where you can handwrite or type messages to others within range! You can also play games with Picto Chat. There are 4 rooms with 16 people to each room. Sadly there is not private chat. If Picto Chat ever goes online Nintendo will expand their rooms to fit tons of people.

Games: 10/10

Ah yes, the most important thing in a system. While a little short of games right now, tons of games have been announced, like Metroid, Goldeneye, Zoo Tycoon, and Age of Empires. Some good games right now are: WarioWare: Touched, Feel the Magic, Zoo Keeper, Rayman DS and Super Mario 64 DS.
Also there are several developers working on games not announced yet.

Battery: 10/10

The battery lasts virtually forever! I can play 15 hours of GBA with the backlite on and volume full! I can play 10 hours of DS with both backlites on and volume turned up to full! This has a rechargeable lithium battery.

Design 10: 10/10

This thing is beautiful! It is so easy to press buttons. When closed, you can see it's awesome angled edges. The L and R buttons are also very easy to reach.

This sound is great. The dual speakers allow for virtual surround sound and voice-overs. It also has a headphone jack without an adapter needed.

Friend Reviews
This is the section where my friends can give their opinion on DS

Friend 1: I love this thing! I can't wait for Age of Empires DS!
Friend 2: You must buy this! It is awesome!
Friend 3: I say it's awesome. I say it's the best system that i know of.
Get it today!

Buy or No Buy

Buy! You won't be sorry.

Overall I give it a 10 out of 10 (Not an Average)

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/08/05