Review by Gamer_Girl_2010

"Gets What It Deserves"

Harvest Moon DS: Gets What It Deserves

The Witch Princess despises how the Harvest Goddess pops up with no warning saying 'Tadaaaaaa!' all the time. So, she decides to cast a spell on her to stop her from saying ‘Tadaaaaaa!' completely, but instead turns her to stone! Trying to fix her spell, she casts another, only to make the Harvest Goddess vanish completely. It is up to you to help return the Harvest Goddess and all 101 Harvest Sprites by doing daily farming activities.

Harvest Moon DS is mainly about farming, tending to your animals, starting a family, going to town festivals, and much more. Just like all the other Harvest Moon games. It mainly includes the same characters as Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.

The game is fun to play and can keep you busy for days! The game can be easy or hard, it's how you play the game. It all depends on how well you can manage your stamina and fatigue.

The controls are very simple and easy with the use of the touch screen. The only problem is constantly switching to touch screen and back to the main buttons. I would recommend not putting the stylus back into its slot after you think you're done using it.

The graphics are the same as Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. Graphics are two dimensional, and when you move your character around the background blurs slightly and can make you dizzy after long periods of play. I think that Natsume could have done better with the graphics instead of using the same graphics of previous Harvest Moon games. It would have been nice to change the graphics to make the game stand out among other Harvest Moon titles.

The sound was strange. The music was nice, but became very annoying after awhile. I disliked how it was playing in some places instead of others. It would've been better to have a song for the areas where music wasn't playing so the game would seem more exciting.

Like I said before, the game can keep you busy for days. It will take you quite some time to actually ‘complete' the game. If you decide that you want to unlock and receive every item in the game, it will take you even longer. Being how long it is, it shouldn't be necessary to play it over again, but if you want to start off anew, or marry someone else, you can, and still keep your previous game data.

Harvest Moon DS occasionally glitches and will occasionally freeze up or crash. I recommend that you save frequently during game play, and also after accomplish something.

I think that Harvest Moon DS is worth buying. The main problem is the game crashing, so if you do decide to buy the game, just be sure to save your game often, such as every morning.

Ratings:

Story: 7/10, I don't understand how fighting goes with farming.
Game play: 7.6/10, constantly switching from touch screen to buttons.
Graphics: 6/10, same graphics as previous titles.
Sound: 6.8/10, somewhat annoying music.
Control: 9/10
Replay Worth: 7/10, very repetitive.
Overall: 8/10, seems just like Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.

Reviewers Score: 8/10