Review by JCash1313

"Great Game. A must have for DS owners"

It's your typical Harvest Moon. You grow crops, raise animals, go to festivals, and make an attempt to get the ladies to fall for you. What is different on this game is an evil witch takes the Harvest Goddess away and the sprites follow to try to help the Goddess. As you farm, live, and hopefully prosper you must try to help the sprites come back. It is a good and fun storyline. The things you must do to get the sprites back vary from walking somewhere on a certain day to using a tool a certain amount of times. Unlocking different sprites helps you in many ways. From helping you water crops to running a casino, these little guys do it all. They are a real help when your farm grows large and you can't water every plant.

I have Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town and have played the Harvest Moon for the Playstation and this is my favorite by far. The DS helps this game out a lot. The use of the touch screen makes gameplay smooth and fairly easy. For anyone who played Friends of Mineral Town you can insert it in the GBA slot and gives you some neat extras. You can buy new music and can have some old friends from Friends of Mineral Town come over to the DS version. The music on the game is your usual nice Harvest Moon music. I like the graphics of the game. They are a stepup from both GBA versions of Harvest Moon.

So if I love the game so much then why did I give it a 9. Whats wrong with this game? Well, never on my game but on others I have heard it is slightly glitchy. I have heard it doesn't effect the gameplay to much though. Even if it is a little glitchy do I still recommend this game? Absolutely. It has given me countless hours of entertainment. Raising my animals and saving the Harvest Sprites can make the hours fly by. I originally got this game to kill some time on a plane ride. (11 hours to Murmansk Russia) I have been hooked ever since. You will not regret it if you purchase this game.

Game play: 10/10