Question from Stinaky11

How many steps do I take to hatch a chimchar egg?

I put Infernape and Ditto in the daycare and a little later I got the egg. I've walked about 3000 steps.

FrozenTime answered:

There are no exact number of steps for when an egg hatches. 5120 is an approximation. Serebii isn't always right...
The game has an internal step counter (started when you start the game), which counts from 0 to 256 before it resets at 0.
For Chimchar, the step counter must reset 20 times (while the egg is in your party) for it to hatch (halved to 10 if you have a Pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party), so it can take anywhere from 5120 to 5376 steps to hatch (halved if Pokemon with mentioned abilities in party).

Source: www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/breeding_guide_part2
3 0

Answers

Stepswordsman answered:

5120 steps. Two times less if you have a pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor ability in your party.

Refer to Serebii.net for questions like that, as they have already been answered, and much more than once.
0 0