Why is my traded Chimchar not listening?

1. I traded something for a Chimchar, and it refuses to listen to my orders. At first I thought it was because it was traded, but the other pokemon that I got from the same person behaves just fine. Then I figured it was because I don't have any badges. But the other pokemon was still fine, and after I did get the first badge, he still doesn't listen.

It's currently level 12
    Calm nature

And that's all the info that I find relevant.

User Info: Randomdude02

Randomdude02 - 7 years ago
    Ok, I got the first badge; he still isn't listening. Now he's level 13. And the other Pokemon I got isn't listening either now. So... I dunno what's goin' on...

User Info: Randomdude02

Randomdude02 - 7 years ago

1. If you get a pokemon from a trade they won't listen to you unless you have a certain number of gym badges.
    So:
    start - traded pokemon up to lvl 10 will obey you
    2nd badge - traded pokemon up to lvl 30 will obey you
    4th badge - traded pokemon up to lvl 50 will obey you
    6th badge - traded pokemon up to lvl 70 will obey you
    8th badge - traded pokemon will obey you, their lvls dont matter.

User Info: andyy_pandy5

andyy_pandy5 - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Pokemon from a trade can and sometimes will be lenient to obey you. As you gain more badges, they will obey you on higher levels. When you have all the badges, any pokemon at any level will obey you.

User Info: Twiddlesnaps

Twiddlesnaps - 7 years ago 1 0
  2. Maybe u should get more badges

User Info: czy456456

czy456456 - 7 years ago 1 3
  3. Ok you don't have enough Gym badges for it to obey you. try getting the second, then it will listen. I would level up your other pokemon instead of using the Chimchar. You Might also want to get a high friendship level, as I have found that traded pokemon with a high friendship level listen more

User Info: greywolf676

greywolf676 - 7 years ago 1 0
  4. The first badge only allows pokemon lvl 10 to listen. You need the second badge

User Info: jthetiger

jthetiger - 7 years ago 0 0