How do I beat the Hearthome City Gym? (the 5th gym)

1. I need help beating the 5th gym. I have a Kadabra on level 33, and the rest of my pokemon are on level 28. I don't know where to train or what level my pokemon should be on. Please help me.

User Info: Topher65

Topher65 - 7 years ago
    Thans for that FrozenTime but I already know what pokemon she has and how to get to her. I just have some pretty weak pokemon. (I have beaten the game once before...)

User Info: Topher65

Topher65 - 7 years ago

1. Gengar is ghost and poison is what he probably meant, since psychic is super effective against it's poison subtype. Honestly, you need to train. Not even as high as forty, just 35 or so, make your pokemon equal level with hers and you shouldn't have a huge problem.

User Info: gamecube101

gamecube101 - 7 years ago 0 0

1. Your Pokemon should be on a higher level. I would recomend somewhere close to LV. 40
    First, you need to get to the Gym Leader. Answer the questions on the signs correctly, and you won't have to fight anyone else, but I would recomend battling everyone anyways.
    Questions:
    #1 Correct answer is: 15
    #2 Correct Answer is: 40
    #3 Correct Answer is: 39
    #4 Correct answer is: 15
    The Hearthome gym leader has a Drifblim LV. 32, Gengar on 34, and a Mismagius on 36.
    Your Kadabra can only use Psychic moves unless you used TMs. Since Gengar is part Psychic, use Kadabra psybeam since it is the strongest level up move on LV. 33. If you train him till level 40, Kadabra can learn Psychic, which does 90 rather than 65. I wouldn't use Psycho Cut since Kadabra has Low Attack stats. If you can somehow teach your Kadabra Shadow Ball via TM, that will help you a lot since It's super effective to all 3 of her Pokemon. I would train you other pokemon to at least LV. 35 if you already have a LV. 40 Kadabra. Try to use Ghost or Dark moves because they are super effective against ghost, and work on all 3. Items can help a lot. Because this is a gym battle, you can use as many Items as you like.

Try to use super effective moves, and avoid not very effective move for the Gym Leader:

Drifblim:
    2x weak to: Ghost, Dark, Electric, and Rock
    1/2x resistant to: Grass and Poison
    1/4x resistant to: Bug
    Immune to: Fighting and Normal

Gengar:
    2x weak to: ghost, dark, ground, and psychic
    1/2x resistant to: grass
    1/4x resistant to: poison and bug
    Immune to: normal and fighting

Mismagius:
    2x weak to: ghost, dark
    1/2x resistant to: bug and poison
    Immune to: Fighting and Normal

If you want to train for the Gym, there's a Patch of grass with wild Pokemon around Levels 24-26 located west of Celestic Town (Route 211)

User Info: FrozenTime

FrozenTime (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 0
  2. Wow that is overkill that last answer. I say just train your pokemon to level 43 give or take and go fight. The questons are easy but if you need help just check times answer overkill

User Info: luckygammer

luckygammer - 7 years ago 0 1
  3. By the way, I'm pretty sure Gengar is JUST ghost type, not part psycic

User Info: Topher65

Topher65 - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. Just teach your Kadabra any dark attack, like dark pulse or something.

User Info: Snoopy44291

Snoopy44291 (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. Oh, my bad. I meant to state that Gengar is part Poison. Pretty much what gamecube101 said. Oh, and Kadabra can't learn Dark Pulse btw. His only dark move that can Attack is Knock off, which is an Egg move that does Physical damage and does 20.

User Info: FrozenTime

FrozenTime (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  6. Actually, he has known Theif (a dark type attack) for awhile. I also beat her. (Drifblim was the hardest one)

User Info: Topher65

Topher65 - 7 years ago 0 0