Question from Topher65

What do you think is the best starter pokemon?

I have tried all three, and based on my experiences Chimchar is the best. Do you agree?

Topher65 provided additional details:

My FAVORITE starter is Turtwig, but he is also almost the worst. I just don't know which one to choose.

Gerkin10 answered:

I agree it learns some good moves in my opinion . Your rival will choose Piplup which later becomes water/steel and chimchar will be fire/fighting. fighting can smash steel with a good attack...
1 1

Answers

cannonball13 answered:

I regret picking pinlup every time i pick up this game. He is worthless once you get your hands on a magikarp or any other water pokemon that is decent. I wish i picked chimchar but i didnt realize that the only other fire pokemon in diamond was rapidash....freakin rapidash.
1 1

Gerkin10 answered:

And Chimchar is the most popular...
1 1

VeedChris answered:

Chimchar is unquestionably the best. There are multiple grass and water choices throughout the game, and the ONLY other fire type is Ponyta, which makes choosing the fire starter more beneficial than the others.
1 1

Topher65 answered:

I'm just going with my favorite type. That would be grass. I am closing this and starting with Turtwig. Thanks for the advice.
0 0

Best Pokemon Starter? Answered mCcAnNiCaL
Who is the best starter Pokemon? Answered clyd123
Your favourite starter pokemon? Answered Gerkin10
What's the best starter Pokemon for Diamond Version? Answered gelopicio
All Starter pokemon with action replay? Answered The_Badger77