Question from Topher65

What is the best grass type pokemon?

I am starting a new game and I want to figure out the best grass type pokemon.(Other than Turtwig)Also, I need it to be available fairly early in the game and not extremely rare like carnivine.

Topher65 provided additional details:

I guess I can narrow it down.(Not all are grass, but it will do, I think.)
1. Budew- good, but not the strongest
2.Combee-good, but useless unless it is a girl(only girls evolve into Vespiquen)
3.Burmy/Wormadam(grass cloak)-probably the best choice, but pretty rare

Topher65 provided additional details:

1. Budew- good, but not the strongest

shinydarkrai98 answered:

Shaymin which you can get on February 8th to 14th (I think) at any toys-r-us. Or Parasect because it has spore.
0 1

Answers

Gerkin10 answered:

Nobody can really say what the best grass type poke is. But a good on early in the game that i usually grab is Budew which evolves into Roselia and then into Roserade with a shiny stone.
Or later on in the game perhaps a Leafeon or Snover/Abomasnow...
0 0

Topher65 answered:

I said NOT extremely rare. Shaymin is rare.
0 1

Gerkin10 answered:

You could try for a Cherrim? But are very weak : (
You could try for Lileep which is later Cradily : )
0 0

Topher65 answered:

how are lileep and cradily grass? and again NOT extremely rare! My action replay does not work and I have beat the game once but I keep starting new games.
0 1

FrozenTime answered:

It depends on your team on which one is the best.
Out of the ones you chose, I'd say that Roserade is the best. It has a base stat of 505, compared to Vespiqueen (474) and Wormadon (424)
Leafeon is pretty good, and it's not that hard to get. Just get an Eevee (Trophy Garden), and level it up once at the moss rock in Eterna Forest (near the left side). It has a base stat of 525.
0 0

Vivisqeq answered:

Combee/Vespiquen are Bug not grass

And Lileep/Cradily are not extremely rare, the fossils to get them are easily obtained from the Underground.
0 0

MetaKnight39 answered:

Shaymin
0 0

narutoman999 answered:

shinkdarkrai or whoever, how Do you download the pokemon union room or what?.
0 0

shinydarkrai98 answered:

Shaymin is not technically rare right now because you can go to any Toys-R-Us and use mystery gift to wirelessly download it. Duh!
0 0

PokemonVeteran answered:

I'd go for the budew. True, it doesn't start off strong but usually it is worth the wait once the opportunity to turn it into a roselia and then roserade. I've never had any problems using a roserade, plus it's special attack is pretty nice.
0 0

Topher65 answered:

I caught a Carnivine ( very rare) so I am going to close this chat.
0 0