Question from hypnocrown

How exactly does the Magnifying Glass work?

I've searched if this question had been asked before but it seems like nobody has.

What I want to know is how many points does this item increase the accuracy of an attack. I was thinking that it could be possible that this item increased the accuracy of a move by 10 points. If this is correct, a move that has an accuracy of 90, should be elevated to 100 after equipping this item. Am I right to assume this? Does the item work a bit differently or not?

hypnocrown provided additional details:

Hmm, interesting. At first I thought it could at least raise 5 points to a move's accuracy. That's why I equipped it on pkmn that have moves like Fly or Tackle cuz they only lack a measly 5 to reach 100. So far, I've been testing it and my flying type has not missed while using Fly.

Thanks for the clarification! I didn't remember the item name till after I posted.

FrozenTime answered:

I'm not quite sure anymore. It could mean that it increases it by 10% of the original.
Let's say, a move has 50 Accuracy. It would now become 55.
If it has 80, it would become 88. Basically multiplies the accuracy of moves by 1.1
If you're testing it, make sure your opponent doesn't have any other factors like Sand Veil or Snow Cloak. Also if it is holding Bright Powder or Lax Incense.
0 0

Answers

FrozenTime answered:

Yes, It increases the accuracy of moves by 10%. Oh, and it's called Wide Lens.
1 0

legendhunter999 answered:

Actually, not quite. It will still have a slim chance of missing. I had m palkia holding a wide lens, and still, spacial rend missed several times. No accuracy depleting moves were used either. It will increase the accuracy, but never make it 100%.
0 0

legendhunter999 answered:

Accept Frozentime's answer, it seems to be the best one.
0 0

hypnocrown answered:

Ok, so after I've tested this again, I found out the following results:

With the Wide Lens, a pkmn using Fly apparently misses 0 times out of 10.
Without the Wide Lens, a pkmn using fly will miss 2/3 times out of 10.

I'm still not 100% sure of how many points it adds but at least this question has had some good answers.
0 0

How exactly does RNG'ing work? Answered lunar_wing
Why won't this HM work? Answered MasterLink01
Does this work? Answered LORDDRAGON1995
A + B + Down concept. Does it work? Answered marioultrafan1
Does Facade work? Answered HCHaruhi