Is a baby poke's gender determineds when you get the egg or when it hatches?

1. cuz I specifically want a female Riolu from Riley.

User Info: Peshkatz1

Peshkatz1 - 7 years ago
    also, pleaseeeeehelp me on this one, will I still be the OT if I give an egg to a friend or will HE be the OT?

User Info: SephirothTOWA

SephirothTOWA - 7 years ago

1. Whether or not it is shiny, the nature and the gender are all determined upon receiving the egg. Therefore, hatching the same egg several times by restting will not change the outcome. This is what I have experienced.

User Info: legendhunter999

legendhunter999 (Expert) - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I believe it is when you get the egg.... not 100% sure though

User Info: Gerkin10

Gerkin10 (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. When you get the egg. I hatched a Torchic around ten times before I noticed his nature was the same each time.
    You can always breed the Riolu or Lucario with a Ditto if you still want a female

User Info: Xelsain

Xelsain - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Not really, and when i tried to put a starter in the daycare with a ditto the baby came out male since the starter was male

User Info: superluigi888

superluigi888 - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. Gender, nature, and ability are all determined as soon as you receive the egg, with the IVs determined when the egg hatches. You might want to keep in mind that certain pokemon are more likely to be one gender than another; Riolu and the starters all have only 1/8 chance to be female.

User Info: Zilla32167

Zilla32167 - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. No. Although it does determine which pokemon u'll get. The female in breeding determines the species of pokemon that will come out (not evolved forms)

What determines the time in which u get the pokemon's egg is how well the 2 pokemon u put 2geather like each other. All u have 2 do 2 find out is speak 2 the old day care man when 2 pokemon r in the day care 2geather. These r the phrases 2 look 4 & what they mean:

1."The two prefer to play with other pokemon more than with each other"=U'll NEVER GET AN EGG!
    2."The two don't seem to like each other much"=WILL TAKE A LONG TIME
    3."The two seem to get along"=TAKES A LITTLE WHILE
    4."They're very friendly "=THEY KEEP ON POPPING OUT!

*Always receive at least 3 or more poke eggs when u're breeding something specific beause u could choose from the best out of those, & most of the time, u won't get what u wanted (gender, ability, natures).

Oh Ya! I Almost 4got! 2 get a female Riolu, sadly u would 1st have 2 evolve Riolu into Lucario (by having strong freindship with it & then level up between the hours of 4:00AM-8:00PM) because Riolu's egg type is NONE, meaning u can't breed him. Once u evolve Riolu, then u can breed w/ another Lucario or Ditto.

If u still want a female Riolu, then may I suggest these steps 2 evolve u're Riolu the fastest:
    *bring him 2 get a message every day from the lady in Veilstone City (2 the left of game corner)
    *give him lots of rare candy,protein,iron,calcium,zinc,carbos, & HP ups
    *keep Riolu in ur rooster as long as possible
    *feed Riolu poffins
    *DO NOT let Riolu faint!

I hope all of this helps & makes it easier 2 breed pokemon!

User Info: PokeZeldaFF_Inc

PokeZeldaFF_Inc - 7 years ago 0 0