Can I get the other gender using Ditto?

1. Is it possible to breed a pokemon with Ditto and get the opposite gender from the non-Ditto parent, or am I just wasting my time here?

User Info: Chimeramanexe

Chimeramanexe - 7 years ago
    you say the whole thing is random but I've been trying to get a female/male version of all the eevee forms I have 3 females and 23 males. Am I just doing something wrong?

User Info: missomiangel666

missomiangel666 - 7 years ago

1. Yes it is possible but its always a random chance.

User Info: bullit_08

bullit_08 - 6 years ago 3 1

Answers

1. http: //www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/132/breeding
    I think you can breed it, but about the gender I'm not sure. check on this site to check for more infos!
    or here
    http: //www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/breed.shtml

User Info: DragonoidDelta

DragonoidDelta (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 2
  2. Are you asking if you can breed a pokemon with ditto and hatch the egg into the other gender? If so, then yes for all pokemon with two genders. (Although you cannot breed Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Ditto, or Legendaries other than Manaphy)

User Info: Lv_0_MissingNo

Lv_0_MissingNo - 7 years ago 0 1
  3. As long as the non Ditto is not in this list ( www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/egg/noeggs.shtml ) and has an opposite gender, Then Yes

User Info: RaikouTGC

RaikouTGC (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 2
  4. No, if you breed a male pokemon with a ditto, you will always get a male. The same goes for a female.

User Info: 11gardre

11gardre - 7 years ago 0 8
  5. Using a Ditto doesn't change the chance of getting a male or female Pokemon. The chances of getting one of the opposite gender will be equal to the chances of getting one of the opposite gender in the wild. For most Pokemon, that's between 40 and 60%, but for some, such as Combee, the chances change dramatically.

User Info: Charizard_Power

Charizard_Power - 7 years ago 0 1
  6. Gender is always random, a 50:50 chance.

User Info: qten1997

qten1997 - 7 years ago 2 1
  7. If you're talking about breeding a male with a ditto and expecting a female it could happen. You could do vice-versa. Breeding a female and getting a male. There's a 50% chance of getting a male and a 50% chance of getting a female. Lv_0_MissingNo is almost right for the non-breedable pokemon but he is forgeting that you can't breed pokemon with no gender.

But i just have one question. Why can you breed a Nidorino and a Nidoking with a ditto and get an egg but you can't breed a Nidorina and Nidoqueen and get an egg? I tried it while writing this answer

User Info: ChrisPerez001

ChrisPerez001 - 6 years ago 0 1
  8. If you're talking about breeding a male with a ditto and expecting a female it could happen. You could do vice-versa. Breeding a female and getting a male. There's a 50% chance of getting a male and a 50% chance of getting a female. Lv_0_MissingNo is almost right for the non-breedable pokemon but he is forgeting that you can't breed ditto with a pokemon with no gender.

User Info: ChrisPerez001

ChrisPerez001 - 6 years ago 0 2
  9. ChrisPerez001 Answered: ...but he is forgeting that you can't breed ditto with a pokemon with no gender.

Wrong! That is the ONLY way to breed Genderless, the only Genderless Pokeman that cannot breed with Ditto are Legendaries (except Manaphy/Phione) and another Ditto

User Info: RaikouTGC

RaikouTGC (Expert) - 6 years ago 1 1
  10. Ya u can try but it does not work on legendary pokemon still

User Info: Baganeo

Baganeo - 6 years ago 0 0
  11. ChrisPerez001 Answered: Why can you breed a Nidorino and a Nidoking with a ditto and get an egg but you can't breed a Nidorina and Nidoqueen and get an egg?

Nidorina and Nidoqueen are in the No Eggs egg group, along with the baby Pokemon (Pichu, Cleffa etc.) and most legendaries. I don't think there's been a satisfactory explanation as to why that is.

missomiangel666 Answered: you say the whole thing is random but I've been trying to get a female/male version of all the eevee forms I have 3 females and 23 males. Am I just doing something wrong?

All Pokemon that are gendered have a gender ratio applied to them. Eevee's is 7 males to 1 female, meaning you have a 1 in 8 chance of getting a female Eevee upon hatching.

User Info: DemonicSpider

DemonicSpider - 6 years ago 1 0
  12. I THINK you can try it... BUT I'm not sure. Try very, very, very hard! Try ur Best! :)

User Info: PINK_HATERS_123

PINK_HATERS_123 - 6 years ago 0 0