Question from Chimeramanexe

Can I get the other gender using Ditto?

Is it possible to breed a pokemon with Ditto and get the opposite gender from the non-Ditto parent, or am I just wasting my time here?

missomiangel666 asked for clarification:

you say the whole thing is random but I've been trying to get a female/male version of all the eevee forms I have 3 females and 23 males. Am I just doing something wrong?

bullit_08 answered:

Yes it is possible but its always a random chance.
3 1

Answers

DragonoidDelta answered:

http: //www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/132/breeding
I think you can breed it, but about the gender I'm not sure. check on this site to check for more infos!
or here
http: //www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/breed.shtml
0 2

Lv_0_MissingNo answered:

Are you asking if you can breed a pokemon with ditto and hatch the egg into the other gender? If so, then yes for all pokemon with two genders. (Although you cannot breed Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Ditto, or Legendaries other than Manaphy)
0 1

RaikouTGC answered:

As long as the non Ditto is not in this list ( www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/egg/noeggs.shtml ) and has an opposite gender, Then Yes
1 2

11gardre answered:

No, if you breed a male pokemon with a ditto, you will always get a male. The same goes for a female.
0 8

Charizard_Power answered:

Using a Ditto doesn't change the chance of getting a male or female Pokemon. The chances of getting one of the opposite gender will be equal to the chances of getting one of the opposite gender in the wild. For most Pokemon, that's between 40 and 60%, but for some, such as Combee, the chances change dramatically.
0 1

qten1997 answered:

Gender is always random, a 50:50 chance.
2 1

ChrisPerez001 answered:

If you're talking about breeding a male with a ditto and expecting a female it could happen. You could do vice-versa. Breeding a female and getting a male. There's a 50% chance of getting a male and a 50% chance of getting a female. Lv_0_MissingNo is almost right for the non-breedable pokemon but he is forgeting that you can't breed pokemon with no gender.

But i just have one question. Why can you breed a Nidorino and a Nidoking with a ditto and get an egg but you can't breed a Nidorina and Nidoqueen and get an egg? I tried it while writing this answer
0 1

ChrisPerez001 answered:

If you're talking about breeding a male with a ditto and expecting a female it could happen. You could do vice-versa. Breeding a female and getting a male. There's a 50% chance of getting a male and a 50% chance of getting a female. Lv_0_MissingNo is almost right for the non-breedable pokemon but he is forgeting that you can't breed ditto with a pokemon with no gender.

0 2

RaikouTGC answered:

ChrisPerez001 Answered: ...but he is forgeting that you can't breed ditto with a pokemon with no gender.

Wrong! That is the ONLY way to breed Genderless, the only Genderless Pokeman that cannot breed with Ditto are Legendaries (except Manaphy/Phione) and another Ditto
1 1

Baganeo answered:

Ya u can try but it does not work on legendary pokemon still
0 0

DemonicSpider answered:

ChrisPerez001 Answered: Why can you breed a Nidorino and a Nidoking with a ditto and get an egg but you can't breed a Nidorina and Nidoqueen and get an egg?

Nidorina and Nidoqueen are in the No Eggs egg group, along with the baby Pokemon (Pichu, Cleffa etc.) and most legendaries. I don't think there's been a satisfactory explanation as to why that is.

missomiangel666 Answered: you say the whole thing is random but I've been trying to get a female/male version of all the eevee forms I have 3 females and 23 males. Am I just doing something wrong?

All Pokemon that are gendered have a gender ratio applied to them. Eevee's is 7 males to 1 female, meaning you have a 1 in 8 chance of getting a female Eevee upon hatching.
1 0

PINK_HATERS_123 answered:

I THINK you can try it... BUT I'm not sure. Try very, very, very hard! Try ur Best! :)
0 0

Gender Question? Answered Nixemo
Gender and raising? Answered Lucky613
Determined gender of Riolu? Answered mcpeng
Riolu/Lucario's gender? Answered Celebi7242
Is a baby poke's gender determineds when you get the egg or when it hatches? Answered Peshkatz1