What's so special about a shiny pokemon?

1. I caught a diferent color Medicham, and I would like if there's any diference from a normal one.

User Info: crpj18

crpj18 - 7 years ago

1. Shiny Pokemon are really rare to encounter (approximately 1/8192 chance). Most people want them because they are so rare. The only difference between Shiny Pokemon and normal Pokemon are the colors of their sprites (also sparkles when sent out). In Generation 1 and 2, shiny Pokemon are determined by their IV combination. Unlike the older generations, R/S/E and up all have random IVs and are determined shiny by ID.

User Info: FrozenTime

FrozenTime (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 0

1. Higher IV's or individual values than regular Pokemon as well as a different colour on the pokemon

User Info: ItamuM

ItamuM - 7 years ago 0 1
  2. Congrats! You now have bragging rights for having one. You can also flaunt it even better by when people say "Can I have it?!?!?" you can calmy reply "That depends. What shiny pokemon do you have that you can offer me?" and see them sulk off. Last I checked though, they don't have any different stats. All that is different is the color, and the esteem that comes with it. The only shiny pokemon I've ever caught are a shiny Rattata and a shiny Budew.

User Info: vigk_vagk_v2

vigk_vagk_v2 - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. They are exactly the same as normal pokemon just a different color and earns you braging rights for your friends + i have found alot more people will trade because they are so rare.

User Info: pirox

pirox - 7 years ago 1 0
  4. To catch Ditto on rt. 218, u need the PokeRadar which u can only obtain after completing the Sinnoh Dex. There is a 22% chance of Ditto appering with use of the PokeRadar. BTW on the AREA button in the pokedex, when a red color covers the are instead of blue, that means u have to use the pokeradar.

User Info: Joker8pie

Joker8pie - 7 years ago 0 2
  5. Hmm, let's see, they are a different color, they have much better stats, they have a 1/8192 chance of appearing, and they'll get you pretty much anything at the GTS. No, I don't think there's a difference.

User Info: Jelloratbob

Jelloratbob - 7 years ago 0 0
  6. Shinys are just diff color.yea gives u brag rights.last week i caught red gyrados in leafgreen and i brag about it all the time!:)

User Info: pokemaster55545

pokemaster55545 - 7 years ago 0 0