Review by So_Cal_Tay

"Just try to put your DS down with these cute little pupies looking at you."

Introduction
---------------------
This virtual world where you take care of your pups is an open ended game like Animal Crossing, meaning the game never ends. You go through life raising your pups, training them for competition, and playing with them. You communicate with your puppies through the touch screen and the microphone.

Graphics 9/10
------------------
These dogs look so unbelievably real that you just want to pick up your DS and hug it. Its so great when you see your adorable little doggy looking even cuter taking his bath or playing with his toy. The dogs have multiple expressions to show how they are feeling. The actual scene where your dog plays in varies from place to place quite a bit, but the background of the places don't differ from each other very much.

Sound 10/10
---------------
I give this game a 10/10 mainly for the sound, it is just outstanding. You use the microphone to train your dogs to do tricks such as sit, fetch, roll over, ect... The different dogs sound different ranging from little whimpers to loud growls. The music is pretty much the cutesiest stuff I have ever heard. While playing if another Nintendo DS with Nintendogs equipped comes along you will hear a bark that indicates that they are there. The sound in this game is an achievement by itself.

Gameplay 10/10
------------------
This game is a very unique game and becomes very addicting. You start off by picking a dog and naming it. You then are left on your own to play with the dog, teach it tricks, feed it, bathe it, ect... You can do many of these tasks with the microphone and the stylus making the game even better.Also, like I said before, you can also interact with nearby users that are playing Nintendogs and have your two dogs have a play-date. As you progress, you get more stuff to have fun with your doggy with. You can get tennis balls, tug ropes, a Mario hat...Yep, saw that coming. You raise your dog until he is ready to go, and as he walks away you have a single tear roll down your cheek.

Replay Value 7/10
---------------------
I'll make this short and simple. Once you have raised one of the dogs the rest of them basically will grow up the same.

Overall 10/10
------------------
This is a must have for children, dog lovers, just about everybody. I give this game my highest recommendation

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/22/05