Review by Netsunami

"It may not be Wario Land 5, but it's not half-bad."

Before I start, I'd like to say that I was among the few who expected something similar to Wario platformers in the past without the stylus control, but like tht title states, it's a decent game.

Gameplay: Challenging, yet somewhat disappointed. 5/10

"Guise goes on. Guise goes off. Guise goes on. Guise goes off."

That's pretty much how it goes in this game. Instead of prior game's "Status conditions", you've got a wardrobe at your disposal. ... and you're expected to use every last bit of it. There will be times where every few seconds, you've gotta change costumes as quick as a lick! It can be frustrating. It's possible to get a grasp on, but be prepared to slip up now and then when the pressure's on. Despite this, it's a good challenge.

As for the mini-games, they're not as zany or addictive as Wario Ware's. In all honesty, they're...really simplistic. Yea, it has progressing modes of difficulty through the game, but it's all the same schtick. Lack of variety is also a let-down... Ah well.

Graphics: ...Meh. 8/10

For a 2-D side-scroller, the graphics are pretty much expected to be as they are. Nothing really stands out. In short, just your average bit of graphics for the genre.

Sound: "No boop-bee-doops? o.O" 8/10

What surprised me was the lack of...well... beeps. In any case, the music is basic as are the sound effects. Like graphics, nothing much stands out.

Controls: Focused on the DS, as most of the system's games tend to be. 6/10

While we have had several games that did not make much use of it, this game definitely requires the stylus at the ready. You either have one hand on the control pad or one on the set of buttons. Really, I guess it boils down to right or left handed as far as that goes. The other hand will be tending to constant stylus usage throughout the game. Drawing costumes, attacking, and playing the mini-games focus hard on the DS's touch-screen + stylus combo. It's a bit awkward at first, but it's not like you're being a contortionist.

It could be better, but it is doable.

Replay Value: I give it another meh. 7/10

Going for completion? By all means, go for it! Fufill that need for greed!

As for starting a new game over... heh... I'm not too sure. Guess it's not too bad.

Appeal overall: It's alright, but it's lacking.

There could've been some serious touch-ups here and there, as well as some tweaking as far as sticking true to Wario fans' love of his WL games. I like it, but...c'mon, guys. Try to give what's highest in demand next time, mmkay?

Conclusion:
This game should probably only be bought by either hard-core Wario lovers, really. Those who aren't familiar with our portly, purple plumber will probably chuck this out easily. Still, if you've got the patience, it makes for a decent play. Rent it if you can. If not, buy it only if you've done the research on it.

Score Review
Controls: 6/10
Replay Value: 7/10

Average Score: 6.8/10

"It's decent... That's all."

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 03/12/07