Question from bumpinmonkey

I know this is stupid, but....how do I feed my monsters?

I've tried giving them the food by hand, but it doesn't seem to work and there's no obvious place to set down food for them. The feed is currently just sitting in my inventory.

dalmunae answered:

Looking at your monster hut, there is a little black box, stand as close to it as you can and place the feed inside the hut. I suggest that you do a little math ( i know it's horrible *gasp* ) and distribute the feed between monster huts, so that they all run out at the same time. ( example, if you have 20 feed, and 10 monsters, so the setup is 4-4-2, distribute the feed: 8-8-4 ) You don't need to worry about the little black box if you grow the feed yourself, HOWEVER, i strongly suggest waiting to grow your own feed until you have 9 monster huts, as, for each square of feed you harvest, 1 feed is added to EACH EXISTING monster hut. Therefore, if you do not have 9 huts, let's say you only have 3, that's 6 monster feed going to waste for EACH square you harvest, 6*9= 54 that's 54 bushels of monster feed going to waste, and even if you only have 10 monsters, 3*9= 27 therefore, you would only last 2 days before running out, were as, if you have all 9 huts, you can redistribute the extra feed, and therefore, last much longer. You can take feed out of a hut the same way you put it in; via the little black box. Your monsters will eat automatically, so you don't need to worry about feeding them once you have feed placed in the hut.
2 0

Answers

shimmy6 answered:

You can grow feed on your farm in every season except winter. You can also grow it in any dungeon except Misty Bloom. Use the sickle to harvest it - it will go directly to your monster huts. Buy the seed at Jean's store. Personally, I find it easier to buy the feed from Camus or Neumann and put it in the hut myself. This allows you to control which hut gets how much feed. To put the feed into a hut, stand at the left side of the hut, where the small window is located. Place the feed in the hut's window in whatever way that you use to give someone a gift. You need to be really careful, however; stand close to the window or you'll risk tossing the feed on the ground.
2 1

charizard142 answered:

Buy or grow the feed then take the feed and put it in the little hole on the OUTSIDE of your monster houses.
0 2

This may be a stupid question... How do i harvest my plants!?! Answered CopperChopper
Monsters? Open se4563
Why won't my monsters do as I ask? Open Hershenko
Am I feeding my monsters right? Answered platinumkiwi
Help with tamed monsters? Open someguy_1985