Review by thegillitine

"It was hard to find time to write this review"

It was hard to find time to write this review because I was busy playing this game.
Magnetica is a very addicting puzzle game on the Nintendo DS that you can't put down once you start. The object of the game is to shoot the marbles to match so the marbles match with the others of the same colors to make bunches of three. My entire family fights over who is going to play Magnetica next. The weird thing is that my family normally goes to bed around 9:30 P.M., but they will stay up till 2:00 A.M. eating sweedish fish brand soft and chewy candy to play this game (I'm exaggerating the time).Well, on to the review.

The controls are easy to pick up. The default controls are where you use the pen to throw the marbles to your preferred spot. I think that this method is a much easier method, but if you don't want to use the touch screen then you can use the other buttons. I give the controls a rating of ten out of ten. A child could learn the controls provided they have all of their motor skills developed.

The graphics are great in this game but who really cares about graphics in a puzzle game. It is a great game with great graphics. You would be surprised of how nice the graphics are in this game. I really like the lightning that comes up when you lose even though seeing the lightning can make you frustrated. The cool thing though is the fireworks that go off when you beat a level. They can be cool. They are a big improvement than the Tetris game on Virtual Boy (ohhhh my eyes my neck make the red light stop please).

Sounds are cool in this game the music is repetitive but is catchy. There isn't too much to say about this game, Magnetica. This game is a huge advancement in sound since the way the original game boy made sounds. They made sounds that were imitate able. It is a laughingstock compared to this Magnetica game. Sounds are nice on this game. I give it a nine out of ten.

Overall I give this game ten out of ten. I did not average the score. This game is the best puzzle game that I have ever played. It is much better than big brain academy. Sorry but I have to go play magnetica.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/10/06